She arrived in Hong Kong :-) | FerrariChat

She arrived in Hong Kong :-)

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by NYKSwiss, Sep 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
  2. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Gorgeous!!
    Enjoy.

3. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Congratulations!

4. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    a beauty!

5. fc3288

fc3288 Karting

Oct 11, 2014
    Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Beautiful. Enjoy your ride.

6. alapd

alapd Rookie

Jun 25, 2015
    looks like there are some amazing cars in that garage as well!

7. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulation! Great looking car! Have you any interior pictures of your California T?

8. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rosso Scuderia?

9. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    Rosso Scuderia, correct

10. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    #10 NYKSwiss, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Beautiful car NYKSwiss. You, like me and so many others on here, are a very lucky man. I've had mine for 6 weeks now and I love it more every day. 2200 kms done and every one of them an absolute joy.

12. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    Wow - you are running her in nicely :) . In Hong Kong its a challenge to put on kms- hoping the bridge to Macau-Zhuhai will open next year. Also, the sound is better then what I thought if one uses paddle shifting. Agree, we are privileged, I believe in work hard, play hard.

13. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Very nice choice! It's a classic color that one does not encounter often. Nice to see.

Enjoy!

14. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    Yes, its quite 'orangy' on the pictures, a little less in real, but I like it. Now just need to figure out the TFT display functions and I am all set. ha! Not really user friendly.

15. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is the drilled aluminium kickplate on the left an option? Mine doesn't have that ��. Yes NYKS, a couple of trips to the Gold Coast, and a top-down cruise up to Noosa on the coast road, have soon got the k's clicking over. I really enjoy all the compliments I get from total strangers still as 99% of them are complimentary and kind. I've also taken to driving it with the paddle shifters as I can keep the revs above 3000 easier. Sounds marvellous

16. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    Yes, it's an option. Other then that, I kept it pretty standard. Well, you have some nice ground to cover, one massive disadvantage in HK is the lack of far roads - although I discover new streets every day. Agree, paddle shift and higher revs, and it all sounds well; dont think I need after market exhaust for now.

17. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    Loving every minute of it; sound is decent. Would still explore an exhaust system but the HK guys are not certain re warranty impact, can someone walk me thru re the valves opening, how to do that and whats the impact? I am not exactly mechanically talented, keep in mind!

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Steering is in the wrong place :)

19. pratas

pratas Karting

Sep 1, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Congratulation! NYKSwiss

20. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    Happy New Year - well my Cali T had a bad move over... Saturday driving it, closing in on 1200 km, smoke out of the engine on right hand side.. immediate stop and, to be fair, top service by the Ferrari people coming within 15 minutes.. no word yet of the cause, but its probably a water leak in the radiator (smoke didn't look too grey) and its from the right hand side.. bummer!

21. Backyard Buddy

Backyard Buddy Karting

Mar 8, 2015
    Awesome!! Congrats. Love the color.

22. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Bummer is right. All that wait time, just to wait some more. I like the color. What is it called?

23. NYKSwiss

NYKSwiss Karting

Jan 10, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Stephan
    Scuderia Rosso - love the car - just hopefully a minor hiccup...

24. cars_drive_me

cars_drive_me Rookie

Mar 10, 2015
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Congrats, it's a beautiful car.

I just did the exhaust-valve unplug a few days ago - on a non-turbo Cali. It definitely improves the sound quite a bit, but is still not loud by any means. It seems that the valves don't open as aggressively on the California as they do on the F430 - so the majority of the time its a really quiet car.

There is a panel just forward of the diffuser, directly underneath the mufflers. It's as wide as the car, and about 18" front to back. It's attached with ~6 torx screws and ~4 bolts. A simple socket and screwdriver with modular torx head is sufficient to remove it.

Once unscrewed/unbolted, it will fall down and you will have access to the back of the mufflers. You will see 1 on each side: a rubber tube attached to a round valve, which is attached to the exhaust pipe just behind the muffler.

The rubber tube is the vacuum line, and you need to detach it from the valve. I sprayed a little WD-40 on the end end of the tubes to loosen them up, and then was able to wiggle them off. I then twisted a couple of screws into the ends of the vacuum lines to seal them up (don't neglect this step!).

Now your exhaust valves will be open 100% of the time! Since the valves being open completely bypasses the muffler, I'm not really sure what the rationale is for aftermarket mufflers with valves in the them. Bypassed is bypassed, right? It seems to me that an aftermarket muffler with the valve opened would sound identical to the stock muffler with the valve open... though maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.

25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Congrats and enjoy that beauty in HK!