LED Headlight Issue - New Owner | FerrariChat

LED Headlight Issue - New Owner

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by matthoops23, Oct 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matthoops23

matthoops23 Rookie

Oct 14, 2015
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Just bought a 2010 California from an "exotic" dealer in Orange County, CA. First day driving it and I notice the old LED floating in the headlight...didn't notice it before so it must have happened while I was driving it (maybe). Any suggestions - ignore it, replace it, not sure you can fix it? -Thx

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If what you mean by "the old LED floating in the headlight" is that your headlight LED(s) have popped out and is rattling around loose then some other people have reported the same issue.

The lights are sealed so they cannot be repaired, at least not easily. Best to leave it or find a used one from a wrecker (offered with at least some sort of minimal warranty). New ones are expensive; Ricambi lists $6076.08 for a regular Nprth American unit, $6852.54 with AFS.

3. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    Matt, would you mind indicating who the exotic dealer was , or at least by the initials, thanks
    JP

4. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    It is a fairly common issue in the pre-T Cali's. My '10 Cali had no problem with 25,000+ miles when I sold her, my '12 had one fall out. Fortunately it was under warranty. As I remember it took a couple hours to change. Some of the front of the car has to come off to replace it. I drove around with it missing for some months until it was time to trade it in for my T, then took the time to have the dealer replace it.

5. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    My 09 has lost 3 on the passenger side. I just choose to ignore it as you need a whole new headlight... You can search this board for pics...