California 2011 | FerrariChat

California 2011

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by lowi70, Oct 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lowi70

lowi70 Rookie

Oct 17, 2015
    Good evening everyone ,

What do I need to know before I purchase the CS 2011 ? And what are the common faults ?

Regards
    Lowi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Fasthufi

Fasthufi Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 2, 2012
    Germany
    Hello,
    I have a 2010 as a daily driver, summer and winter for almost 4 years now.
    These were the problems I had so far:
    Air conditioning was leaking 3 times
    LEDs in headlights loosen on both sides (were replaced on warranty)
    Oil leak by a loose screw
    Water leak caused by a crusted water hose connection
    Air bag problem with driver side
    Bad battery 2 times (I don´t use the battery charger, because I drive it almost every day)
    cracks in paint along the hood edge and door edges. Paint job is really bad for such an expensive car. Look at other posts
    Otherwise the car is very reliable, no problems with driving, engine or gear box.
    All problems came in the first two years and were covered by warranty. After the warranty expired I had no problems whatsoever :)
    I you want do drive a lot take a car with higher milage, because the problems should be sorted out, that is what my dealer told me. Service record is the most important thing.

Greetings from Germany,

Guenter

3. lowi70

lowi70 Rookie

Oct 17, 2015
    Thanks Guenter for the informations , I'm in dubai , it's hot over here , those problems you mention like really big issues here cuz of the heat , however the car done 50k km ,, no faults yet based on the service history by dealer and the service warranty will end by December , I got two options , 1st to Renew for another 4 years or 2nd we have vary famous German workshop which do what the dealer warranty do but less cost , so let me know what you prefer

Regards
    Lowi

4. Fasthufi

Fasthufi Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 2, 2012
    Germany
    Hi Lowi

it all depends on the price. 50000km would not be a problem for me if the service record is okay. And if you get extended warranty at least for engine and gear box it would be okay for me.
    The problem is that small things like the air conditioning and airbag harness are probably not covered by the extended warranty, but they are nor expensive to repair.
    The problem is a big failure of engine or gearbox. But if the car has this milage I would not be too worried about it because in my experience cars that are driven a lot and have a good maintenance record should be okay.
    My 308 GTS QV has more than 140000 km and has no problems what so ever. A friend of mine bought a really expensive one with only 2000 (!)km and needed a complete engine rebuild because of dried out gasket etc.
    I would buy the car but probably with the extended warranty.

Guenter

5. lowi70

lowi70 Rookie

Oct 17, 2015
    Aight Guenter , you been vary helpful , thanks a lot
    Regards

6. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    I just bought a 2010 Calif with full service history in mint condition but with 45.000 miles. it was the same price for as for one which was available with 32.000 but from 2009 with slightly less history and in good condition.

the higher mileage car was also Ferrari approved and the lower mileage was not.