What's missing from this photo? | FerrariChat

What's missing from this photo?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SoFLFerrari, Nov 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    #1 SoFLFerrari, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi fellow Cali lovers. Hoping one of you can help me identify what is missing from my 2010 California trunk/boot. Looks like some plates were once there. Can someone post a photo with what should be there? Maybe point me to where I can buy a replacement part? Many thanks in advance.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Tides

Tides Karting

Sep 5, 2015
    Yep - they r aluminum cover plates - one of mine is loose and just sits there waiting to get lost or glued back again. - must be a common issue[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - sorry about pic - if no one else uploads I will do better 2morrow

3. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL

Many thanks Tides. Certainly not a critical part or something that's glaringly visible. I thought perhaps it was something Ferrari logo-ed that someone had lifted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #4 4th_gear, Nov 6, 2015
    Here you go. The 2 plates are nickel-plated and not easy to photograph due to the high contrast and variably curved reflective surfaces.

5. Tides

Tides Karting

Sep 5, 2015
    Some better pics[​IMG][​IMG]

6. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Looks like there may be at least 3 different versions to the rear sill of the older Cali. The earlier pic you posted appears to be of a different car. The sill plates in these latest pics look the closest to Wavey's. Is your car also a MY '10?

7. Tides

Tides Karting

Sep 5, 2015
    Yep mines a 10. - Looks like they bolt on - The captive bolts on the plastic plate are glued to the top plate - mine had unstuck as well - the other matching plate is fastened tight.

8. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    4th - you seem to know your way around. Any suggestions on where I can score replacement rear trunk plates? The Ferrari dealer quoted $1,000 for something that shouldn't cost more than $100.

9. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
  10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Anything cheaper would be a used part. I recently read about a crashed Cali that was parted out on a website but availability of such items vary depending on supply and demand so you just have to Google for them or call up wreckers that you know of. I haven't bought a part from a wrecker since my university days.

11. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Google Scuderia Auto Parts in England -ask for Chris- they can get any original f part from Ferrari at less than a third of price dealers here get-they have a toll free no on their web site. Be sure to have your VIN ready- tell them James from San Antonio sent you.

12. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Hey Wavy toll free no is 1888 527 9398

13. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    Thank you James, 4th, & Tom for your suggestions. I will check them out. This is a non critical part so just about anything will do.

14. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL

I might even consider whittling a piece out of wood and painting it. Ha!

15. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #15 4th_gear, May 19, 2016
    Absolutely. If you're good with a whittling knife, while you're making the little wooden covers you can also pick out a suitably-coloured varnish to match the rest of your new trunk space... after you re-tile it. :D

16. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    Hahahaha. And maybe throw in a nice rug to tie it all together. Nice trunk!