(Finally) ordered by 2016 Cali T | FerrariChat

(Finally) ordered by 2016 Cali T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ctome3, Nov 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    I think I may have Udaverea beaten from a time perspective, although it certainly isn't Ferrari's fault that it's taken me nearly 16 months to even place my order. I put my initial deposit down with Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo in Portland in early July 2014, but told them I wanted to wait for a mid-2016 delivery. Well, the time finally came to actually place the order, so a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend and I spent the morning at RTGT and finally worked out all the details.

My Consulente, Ron Gilchrist, was initially a bit surprised at how well I knew the configurator, but as I had built and rebuilt (and rebuilt and rebult) my car at home over the past year (if I had been charged for every configuration I had created I'd be broke), he finally just said "come on up to the screen!" We then spent the next two hours discussing various combinations and poking around the dozens of cars they have in their showroom, storage area and shop to see what everything looked like in person.

You would have thought that given all that time I would have known exactly what I wanted. Well, I wound up reasonably close, but combinations that I thought would work on screen ended up not being so good in person. I'm so glad Ron was able to help, as I think I think I ended up with a very nice-looking car. As it turned out there was an F12 in the showroom that had nearly the exact look I wanted, so it was great to (almost) see the car in person before ordering it.

So by now (if you are still reading) I am sure you are wondering what I finally ordered, correct? Well, here is the spec:
    - External colour: Rosso Corsa
    - RSFD Rims 20" forged diamond rims
    - CALR Brake calipers Rosso Corsa
    - LOGO Additional options 'Scuderia Ferrari' shields
    - MADM Additional options Magneride Dual Mode suspension
    - VIEH Additional options US visibility equipment
    - DAAL Int. Two-Tone Leather/Alcantara Nero
    - STC2 Coloured stitching Beige Tradizione
    - Carpets Nero
    - BABS Seat type Backbone style seats
    - BAB2 Seat options Backbone style rear seats
    - RSFE Seat options Full electrical seat
    - EMPH Horse stitched on headrest Filo speciale Nero
    - SKPA Additional options Foldable rear seats backrest
    - CIDL Steering wheel Carbon fiber driver zone +LEDs
    - CILR Carbon fibre trim Carbon fibre central bridge
    - RPMY Rev counter Yellow rev. counter
    - ACPL Infotainment Apple Carplay
    - Additional options Italian flag

2. kevinof

kevinof Rookie

Jul 26, 2015
    Very nice. I've a very similar 2015 version. Congrats- you will love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    Thanks! I am definitely excited (though I still have many months to wait). Do you happen to have any pictures of yours? I would love to see a similar "finished product"!

4. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Berkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Fantastic spec! I am sure it will look great and now the wait begins......

Forgive my ignorance but how well does alcantara wear and is it hard to clean? These questions have always made me nervous of specify it over leather.

5. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Under additional options, the Italian Flag, where is that placed? Your T should be stunning! Mine already has 4,000+ miles on her since August. Now I need to reshoot the photo next to my name to replace the '12 with the '16 T :)

6. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    From everything I have heard and read, the alcantara actually wears very well and can be cleaned with a damp cloth and a soft brush. We talked quite a bit about alcantara vs. leather at the dealership and they echoed the same sentiment. Apparently several of the longtime Ferrari buyers in Portland always spec their cars with alcantara and they have not had any issues with it. I got a chance to sit in a few cars there with alcantara and I really liked the feel of it as well.

7. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    Thank you! I had no idea the Italian flag option existed until visiting the dealer that day (it doesn't show up on the online configurator). I ignored it at first, as I didn't want anything garish, but as we had been at it for a couple hours already we checked the box just to see what it looked like. It is quite small, maybe 2 inches or so wide, centered directly above the "Ferrari" plate on the trunk lid. We looked at it on the screen for about five seconds and both of us said "definitely yes!"

8. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Berkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Thanks for the additional info, will keep up to date on your future posts and look forward to the pics when you finally take delivery! Sounds like a beauty! ��

9. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    Thank you very much. :) I am definitely looking forward to it as well. I've been vicariously experiencing many of your own deliveries on here, and I'm excited to share mine! (Though I am not looking forward to the dreaded wait at status 90...)

10. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tom, I'm very happy to hear you are ready to pull the trigger. Very nice spec.

I just wish you hadn't mentioned status ni... status n-n-n-n... Oh geez, here come the flashbacks.. Aaaaaaahhhhhggghhh...

You will love the whole process, the waiting room is very worth it.

Congrats!

11. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    Dave, I apologize profusely for bringing up such a painful memory for you! We will henceforth refer to it as "Status XC", or "Status 1011010". Or perhaps just "You Know, That Status"?

12. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thank goodness!

I'll be OK... Just give me a moment to catch my breath...

Roman and Binary... Nice. Both disguise it well. I feel better already!

:)

13. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    I received my production photos! It's ALIVE! :)

I am not seeing the little Italian flag that's supposed to be on the back, though...hopefully they haven't forgotten it!

14. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
  15. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Love it.

16. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Looks great! The last photo isn't the final product so I wouldn't worry about the flag being missing.

17. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    #17 ctome3, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Hey Ctome,Congrats on your new T - I have a 15 Rosso Corsa w negro interior w rosso stitching and horsies on headrests - same seats as yours , Rosso calipers and Rosso rev counter upgraded stereo everything else same as yours. Have about 7000 miles on her bought her w 4400 miles - absolutely love her - my GTC gets little drive time now . Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. James in San Antonio

19. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulation! Very beautiful and tasteful color combination!

20. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Looks Awesome. Congratulations.

21. vans

vans Rookie

May 28, 2010
    You might want to strongly consider adding the HS package which has just become available.

22. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Early!! That NEVER happens!

Nice!

Looks great, you will truly enjoy!

:) :). :)

23. fc3288

fc3288 Karting

Oct 11, 2014
    Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Nice color and combination. congratulations.

24. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    I will definitely ask the dealer about it. Anyone know what the price is? I will admit, though, I was very happy with the stock suspension/steering when I test-drove the T, and I don't think I would like to give up any ride comfort...as I joked with the dealer, the manettino may as well be re-labeled Tom (originally Sport, for me) and Kathryn (originally Comfort, for my significant other) because I have a feeling that we both will be using one setting and one setting only when we both drive. :)

25. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    Sounds like an awesome spec! What do you think of the upgraded stereo? I went stock but with Car Play. I am hopeful that I won't miss it. :) I am really loving the alcantara so far...very comfy and it looks great!