Waiting for my Cal T | FerrariChat

Waiting for my Cal T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ar1040, Nov 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    Myferrari.com site says my car is post production and effectively enroute to USA. Anyone know how long it takes to reach port in US and then the time to the dealership?

2. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There is quite a range of possible times. Variables include traffic at export port, the ships have several stops on the way, the entry port (Newark) can back up with ships and then customs delays, also can back up with trailers to remove the cars to take to dealer. I've seen 20 to 40 days...

Worth the wait... ;)

3. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Boardwalk in Dallas tells me average from post production in Italy to their door is 58 calendar days.

4. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    It will feel like forever. Don't stress, nothing to do but wait.

5. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Just went through this.
    My car was ordered on May 7 and delivered to my dealer on October 16.
    The delivery to the west coast added a week of time but my best guess is that it is three weeks of sailing and then perhaps two weeks or more at Newark and then delivery to your dealer in NY. I would say six weeks overall as best case to NY.
    The wait was harder than the wait for the car to be made after the order was submitted.
    BUT, worth it!
    Love my Cali!

6. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    Thank you all. Was it worth the wait?

7. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Big YES.

VERY big YES.

8. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    If you want a new Ferrari to Spec, what choice do you have ? Wait, and wait some more :)

9. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    What should I expect from my dealer? What is delivered with the car?

10. Snewton94024

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    A big smile and a pat on the back.

11. aviator88

aviator88 Karting

May 13, 2015
    Johannesburg
    #11 aviator88, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    I suppose it depends on the dealership. But here's my experience when I took delivery of my new California T last week in Johannesburg, I was given the following:

A bottle of French Champagne - Verve Cliquot vintage.
    A 1:43 model of the car with the exact specs.
    A carbon fibre cigar box (large) with a nice large chrome cavallino on the lid.
    A beautiful red fleece-satin stretch car cover in red with Ferrari logo (this may be standard but I wasn't expecting it).
    Genuine Ferrari branded golf shirt and baseball cap.
    1 year free membership to Ferrari Concierge, operated by Quintessentially International.
    Complimentary track day with two instructers flown in from Corsa Pilota Maranello.
    Photoshoot of the vehicle hand over with a professional photographer. They then bind the prints in a presentation red leather coffee table hard cover book. - nice touch!
    Ferrari branded key fob.
    Full tank of petrol!!

12. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    Take a look at my post on my Cal T stuck on the dealers floor. The car left prodtion on Oct 12. My wife and i missed seeing it by 4 days but we assumed it would be nearly here when we returned to the USA on 11/1. It showed up at the dealer last Tuesday and by Thursday, they had it all checked out and detailed. All it needed was to get into the van for deliver here (we're about 80 miles south of the dealer and they agreed to deliver it). Around 2 PM I got a call that FNA was halting deliveries of Cal Ts to customers. We ran up to Palm Harbor to verify that the car wasn't damaged at the last minute, etc., and there it was sitting in all its glory - all shiny, greaat exhaust sound, etc. However, we still cannot find out why FNA is holding it and other Cal Ts from customers.

13. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Dave we are on our way to Joburg ! BTW how much does the T cost in Australia converted to dollars?

14. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Mitchell,

South Africa completely outclasses South Florida (and Georgia) on delivery!!!

Wow!

:)

15. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    Ok so we are officially at the port of Newark - has anyone got any info on whether the 2016s were released?

16. Snewton94024

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    My car was ordered in May and delivered in October and is a 2016.
    Your dealer knows which year was made and shipped.