Driver side signal light not working | FerrariChat

Driver side signal light not working

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ANGELINO, Nov 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ANGELINO

ANGELINO Karting

Feb 18, 2009
    The driver side signal lights stopped working and restarted working on and off a couple of times and ithey finally gave up working. I checked the light bulbs on the back side and the bulbs are fine. I want to check the fuse before I take the car to the dealer. Does anyone know where the fuse is for the left side signal lights. Thank you in advance!!

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #2 4th_gear, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Angelino, you should be able to locate the fuses from the owner's manual. If you are missing that document you can download a suitable PDF copy from this website.

At any rate, I believe these are the pages you want to look up. I've included closeups of the two larger fuse and relay panels.

Good luck!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ANGELINO

ANGELINO Karting

Feb 18, 2009
    Hi 4th gear,
    I have trouble finding which fuse in which box is reponsible for the particular driver side turn lights. If you are kind enough to to locate it. Thanks

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Angelino, the Cali's turn indicator lights are comprised of the following:

- LED turn indicators in the headlight assembly
    - front side marker on the front fender
    - rear side marker in the tail light assembly

If I understand your original message correctly, both LH front side marker and LH rear side marker are no longer working but you checked the bulb for the LH rear side marker and it's fine.

According to the owner's manual information that I posted, each fuse covers the front side marker on one side and the rear side marker on the other side. This is almost like the cross-linked design of brake circuits whereby failure of a given circuit would not cause the failure of both brakes on one side (causing a crash). In this case, if one fuse failed, at least one side marker would still be working each side of the car.

Anyway, if your driver side front marker (LH front) failed, you need to check fuse F-57 in the console fuse box. If the fuse is bad it should also mean your passenger side rear (RH rear) brake light is also not working. If your driver side rear marker (LH rear) is not working, you need to check fuse F-67. If that fuse is bad it should also mean your passenger side front marker (RH front) is also not working.

Your problem may also be due to a fault in the side marker relay T21. I'm pretty weak on electrical wiring concepts so I'm not sure how it's all wired together but it would be unusual to have both driver side markers not working. If it's not the bulbs or the fuses it may be the turn signal stalk on your steering column that's causing the problem. If that's the case then the turn signal LEDs in your headlight assembly will also not be working.

Hope this helps.