Cali T brake sensitivity | FerrariChat

Cali T brake sensitivity

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by RickLederman, Nov 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    The brakes on my 2016 T have become VERY sensitive, meaning it takes VERY little brake pressure to engage and it is difficult to smoothly modulate them at light braking levels. It seems that the first couple months they were slightly more sensitive than my FF but not this sensitive. Anyone else with this problem? I think I'm at 4,000 + miles now (should look :)). The other day I walked around the car after a bit of a slightly spirited drive, to feel by hand the temperature of each rotor to see if any were suspect and the rears were warmer than the fronts but nothing seemed out of line.

2. MCAppe

MCAppe Rookie

May 10, 2016
    I have the same issue with my brakes on my new 2016 Cal T. Also, the closer I get to stopping the more sensitive they seem to be. I'll take it up with my dealer, as my wife and hunks I'm just a bad stopper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    The rears on these cars (Ff, 458, F12, Cali T etc.) are often hot due to the traction control and esc system working. If you for example see people that keep their car in sport on a track day, they usually really roast their rears. Even in race mode on cars equipped with that, not turning it off put a lot of load on the rears. If you feel safe doing it, try putting it in ESC OFF on a spirited drive. You will probably notice the rears being a lot cooler.

As for the sensitive brakes? No idea.