Blue Pozzi slightly different body paint color? | FerrariChat

Blue Pozzi slightly different body paint color?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by yepster, Nov 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yepster

yepster Rookie

Jul 6, 2015
    Ok, this may be a stupid question but I just need to know for my own sanity. Picked up my new 2016 Cali T in Pozzi Blue and the front and rear fenders and bumper are a slightly different color blue than the rest of the car. It is very noticeable if you shine another car's headlight on it at night.

Is this normal? Any information would be helpful.

2. dxbferrari

dxbferrari Rookie

Jul 23, 2013
    Funny you mention this....I saw a Blu Pozzi last week with the same issue. The bumpers and rest of the body paint are different shades. Concluded that its just how the paint sits on plastic versus aluminum.

3. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Which major body parts would be plastic?

4. dxbferrari

dxbferrari Rookie

Jul 23, 2013
    I should've used a better word. When I stated plastic, I meant fenders / bumpers.

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #5 DK308, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    This is very normal, and is not only due to different materials, it is also due to the paint process. Some panels are not sprayed with the car, so the spray angle is different - the plastic of the bumpers does not make things better. Just another result of the infamous Ferrari paint process and lack of quality control. In other words - you can't do squat about it, it is what it is.

You should also have a look and see how much orange peel and how many swirls, holograms, polishing marks and trails, and scratches you can find. There usually are quite a few.

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Did you notice when you picked up? I can't imagine how crestfallen I would be.....

7. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    If its not the same material you will see different shades, Nothing you can do about it.

Put a paint meter on it if you think its been painted

8. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Only the bumpers, rocker panels and plastic parts sometimes look a bit off. All the metal panels should match pretty closely.

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I had exactly the same issue with my Spider and even after major paint correction it wasn't improved and was down to the different materials.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yes, I have a white car that is steel, plastic and FRP...you would not think "white" would be three colors but it goes to the material, and in the case of bumpers recall that paint also gets flex additives....

11. augiaudio

augiaudio Rookie

Nov 16, 2015
    My Cali is Blue Pozzi. Looks great against the yellow badge and tan interior. I see no diff in bumper/body color to my eyes.