Cal T held in showroom | FerrariChat

Cal T held in showroom

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by old man, Nov 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    We were supposed to take delivery of our new California T last week. It is in the showroom, fully detailed and ready to go - except. We got a call around 2 last Thursday saying that our car and most other California Ts are being held by Ferrari. Unfortunately, the dealer says this is nationwide but cannot supply any information on why or when they will be released.

Anybody know what is happening? My wife sat in the car, reved the engine, etc., but we still can not take it homw.

2. Snowbored

Snowbored Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    San Francisco
    That's odd. I picked mine up today. Wonder if it was a problem with a specific option?

3. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    The car is medium equipment - yellow calipers, shields, front camera and front and rear sensors, dimming mirrors and Homelink - nothing too exotic.

The dealer says it is nationwide and they are holding up all except one of their Cali Ts.

Got email around 7 PM that there is still no information. How is your car equipped?

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
  5. Snowbored

Snowbored Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    San Francisco
    Mine is typically equipped. All the usual stuff. What you've got. Magneride, full electric seats, Daytona.

6. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    The airbag story makes sense although it is 6 or 7 months past production (our car left the production floor on October 12). My wife and I were there on the 16th hoping to see it being made but missed it by 4 days.

Perhaps it was one of those that got screwed up becasuse of the weekend. I just wish they would say what and when there will be a solution.

Snowboard, enjoy your new car over the holiday. We can only look in the dealership window.

7. aviator88

aviator88 Karting

May 13, 2015
    Johannesburg
    Just took my new 2015 California T to the dealership today as part of a recall campaign. Two clips or latches had to be replaced on the roof mechanism. Part of Nationwide recall in South Africa - don't know if it's the same for the rest of the world though. It was a quick fix - less than half an hour.

8. LuxuryLife

LuxuryLife Karting

Mar 19, 2015
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Sorry to hear that. I know I would be extremely frustrated and want answers. That would drive me nuts!

9. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I just checked on my 2016 T and my 2014 FF and no recalls.

10. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    For what it is worth, the dealer said they may have to recall 2016 Cali Ts already delivered but frankly, I think this is just speculation. If it is the roof latches, just say so and get it overwith. I also checked with Ferrai Ft. Lauderdale to see if the story was correct and they too are holding up cars without information as to why.

11. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Just got an email from my dealer moments ago, they just received notice on a 'future recall' on the California T. No other details

12. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    Finally learned this morning Thanksgiving) that the probllem is a fuel ine supplied by a vendor to Ferrari. About 50 VIN numbers are involved and Ferrari believe the fix will be in a few days.

13. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    That's good news. post pics when you finally get her :)

14. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    #14 old man, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    was told it was a "software update", no timetable on when it could be picked up. Hopefully its something small like you said about the fuel line and it'll be fixed in a few days...

16. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    Supposedly the dealer was reading from an announcement they received from FNA. I would hope that it is the fuel lines and not some software issue to steal HP or torque.

17. bonalonio

bonalonio Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    We were told it was an update to software that regulates the fuel pump by relaying atmospheric pressure data from the fuel line.

18. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    If this is the case, hopefully they get us the car on Monday or Tuesday. This is consistent with the memo from Ferrai NA.

19. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    I think the email train is dead but just to make it official, Ferrari delivered parts for the 50+ California Ts that were on hold and we now have our car. The dealer would not elaborate but it sounds like a short fuel line was replaced.

Great to have the car home for the first time. Now they have to come up with the 488GTB I have on order.

20. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    The dealer won't elaborate on work they did to your car? Not sure what to think...

What's the reason why he will not tell you what was replaced?

21. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Now we need pictures.....

Then the 488....

Agree with the idea that they should (legally bound to ) disclose any and all work done.....

Scott