Diminished value of car I'm looking at | FerrariChat

Diminished value of car I'm looking at

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Korntera, Jan 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I'm looking at a California, not sure of year yet, either 2009 or 2010 as it's not on the market, but from a Ferrari dealer. Car had front end damage, I have seen the before pictures and it was just a front bumper replacement. Car is coming in on trade on a new Cali T and has 22k miles. Red/tan all maintenance/service records.

Thoughts on price/what seems fair. Car is just about lowest listed California I can find but otherwise is in better condition with lower miles just a slight wreck on its car fax with documentation. I know a lot of people wouldn't even buy a slightly wrecked Ferrari but I prefer to drive my cars, I don't need museum examples.

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The front bumper on the Cali is a fairly large piece.

If there was no damage to the front lights or the front hood, the car should be fine.

An experienced body shop will be able to tell you if the front structure is intact.

To remove the bumper is easy enough for a thorough inspection.

The car is old and has some miles. I'd offer a fairly low price and not budge. You'll get the car That is if you truly want her. The current demand for these cars is pretty soft.

3. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    So at 109k with 22k miles? Seems very low. I can't find one under 119 and those are in the 30k miles

4. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I should add this would be replacing my Aston Martin vantage as more of a GT but in Convertible. I have a Lambo Gallardo as my sports car and X5M for an SUV which is why it doesn't need to be the most pristine car, just something fun to drive with the top down.

5. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Do they offer a warranty? I wish you the best but at retail I don't think this will trade below $115-120k without a warranty and if it is documented that just the bumper was replaced.

The California is perfect for what you are looking for.

6. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Still finding out about warranty and I have seen before pics, but read above, the car is offered at $109,000 which seems like a great deal considering it was minor documented damage.

7. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Seems like a good deal then...

8. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Found out more today, car comes with 30 day warranty with extended FCA coverage available. No services needed for 1 year, just a new bumper, no structural.
    Car is a 2010 with red/tan Ferrari combo. Red calipers, all services completed at LA Ferrari dealer.

9. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    I would go for it if you can get a PPI done that says it's mostly good

YOLO

10. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Just seems like a low number from a dealer...

11. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    No kidding, it seems to low to pass up for a car they are certifying. But they said a lot of people wouldn't even touch a car with a new bumper. The car isn't in their showroom so they are essentially flipping it so nit as much overhead for them either.