For Sale, OEM Ferrari Genuine Infotainment System for the California | FerrariChat

For Sale, OEM Ferrari Genuine Infotainment System for the California

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Continental AutoSports, Jan 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    #1 Continental AutoSports, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari Genuine 2-DIN Infotainment System
    o For Ferrari California models, Ferrari Genuine offers a latest generation 2-DIN infotainment system allowing access to all the latest infotainment functions relative to navigation, app sharing and Bluetooth integration.
    o The key characteristics of this system are presented as follows, with particular focus on the new capability to update maps at any time with the smart-access NX504E navigation system, and the upgraded iPhone compatibility to include 6th generation devices.
    These systems are fully fitted in the vehicle, with an installation kit including specific fascia plates, connections to integrate the system with the steering wheel controls and software developed with specific features for Ferrari Genuine.

Characteristics:
    o Clarion VOICE Intelligent™: utilizes Google voice recognition technology to find what you're looking for. Just think out loud, and the system searches for a destination that meets your needs. Unlike previous generation search tools which need search information in a precise format, this new technology lets you use more natural speech to find your destination.
    o App connectivity: the Clarion Smart Access cloud-based services platform lets you access to a vast choice of information in real time, and to services and interaction options that are kept continuously up to date with the latest data available. Latest Apps: iOS and Android apps. Simply connect your Android or iPhone to the NX504E to access music and video files stored on the device.
    o GPS navigation: NX504E features a built-in car navigation system with simple destination input, turn-by-turn voice prompts, and selectable route guidance - everything you need to reach your destination quickly and efficiently. Pre-loaded with rich points of interest, its database includes national parks, restaurants, petrol stations, and much more.
    RDS-TMC information: provides instant road condition updates from local traffic control centres via RDS-TMC (Traffic Message Channel). Additionally, the re-route feature lets you avoid traffic jams by choosing other roads.
    o Bluetooth® connectivity: integrated Bluetooth provides hands-free voice communication, compatible with a wide variety of mobile phones. A built-in microphone lets you talk and drive at the same time. Play music stored on any Bluetooth device. The pairing process is extremely simple - simply confirm the access codes shown on the NX504E and the Bluetooth to connect.
    o Built-in DAB: DAB broadcasts radio programmes via a digital signal usually assigned to the FM frequency range and offers high quality audio.
    And so much more:
    o A more intuitive than ever touch screen
    o Wide variety of video content
    o Exclusive Clarion sound technology
    o 728 variable-colour illumination
    o 6-Channel 4-Volt RCA outputs for simpler expansion and upgrades
    Screen:
    Screen size (inches): 6.2

Aspect Ratio: 16: 9

Display type: 6.2 "WVGA

Technology: active matrix TFT

Number of pixels: 1,152,000 pixels [800 RGB (H) × 480 (V) × 3]
    Tuner:

Frequency bands: FM / AM

FM: (MHz) 0.05 MHz steps: 87.5 - 108.0

AM: (kHz) 9 kHz: 531-1602

DVD:
    Compatible discs: DVD-Video / DVD ± R / DVD ± RW
    Frequency range (Hz): 20-20,000

CD:
    Frequency range (Hz): 20-20,000

General:
    Dimensions (L x H x D) (mm): 178 × 100 × 157
    Consumption: 4A @ 1W
    Power supply: 10.8V - 15.6V
    Speaker impedance: 4Ω-8Ω

Get your complete unit today for $2455 SHIPPED!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dksherman

dksherman Rookie

Aug 31, 2015
    Hi. Is there Sirius/xm functionality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:

SiriusXM ready!

4. dksherman

dksherman Rookie

Aug 31, 2015
    And connection to backup camera?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:

Let me check it out and I can have a definite answer for you tomorrow.

6. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Sorry for the delay, yes it would connect to your factory back-up camera.

7. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Sounds very interesting.
    Can you give us contact info for someone (owner) who has installed this unit in a Cali T?

8. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

I believe this is for the original California, not the T.

9. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    The goal I think is to bring up the older cars to close to current equipment.

10. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Correct, only fits a standard California, not a T

11. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Is this the same as the factory CarPlay unit that you can retrofit at the dealer?

12. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    I'm sorry I don't quite understand what CarPlay is.

This Clarion radio is FROM Ferrari, not aftermarket in anyway. This is an alternative, a cheaper alternative at that, for a brand new up-to-date unit.

13. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

This seems to be the unit announced by Ferrari back in March as an upgrade for the original California, seemingly at a discounted price. You can look up the features and check out some reviews on the Clarion NX504E if you're interested. I did some basic research, and although it seems to have some CarPlay-like features, it does not use Apple CarPlay. To be honest, I don't think that CarPlay integration was every actually implied by the Ferrari announcement, just speculated on by us here on the forum.

14. sg69

sg69 Karting

Aug 23, 2009
    VA
    How difficult is installation?

15. DoubleLow7

DoubleLow7 Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    Jeremy (OP) has been very helpful in my inquiry on this headunit (HU) by sending me pictures of the unit and parts. Some things I did notice is that the actual HU does not have "Ferrari" branding on it (like the press release picture) and almost looks like a standard Clarion NX605 HU. I'm sure there is some software tweaks to have Ferrari splash screens and other features to work with steering wheel and other Cali controls, but it visually looks the same if I were to go and by a NX605 HU.

More importantly, I was looking if this unit was truly a "Plug-and-Play" system that would directly connect to the factor radio plugs without any specialty harnesses. Knowing our MyGig OEM units have identical plugs to others like Chrysler/Jeep/etc., the back of this Clarion unit (from pictures I received) looks to need a radio harness to work with our OEM harness (which isn't uncommon in the aftermarket radio world). I'm sure this kit comes with all harnesses and parts required.

My thoughts (though I'm still considering this unit upgradde), is that if I'm going to be required to use a radio harness anyways regardless of the headunit, and if there is no true benefit with this Ferrari offered upgrade, I might get more for my money just using the radio bezel from this kit and looking at other aftermarket headunit options, like one with Apple Carplay, etc.

16. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Installation would not be difficult if done by an authorized Ferrari dealer. If you were to do it yourself unfortunately I couldn't tell you the difficulty level.

17. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    I should of mentioned that this unit comes with all the installation hardware and radio harness required.

18. DoubleLow7

DoubleLow7 Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    Thanks Jeremy for the continue info and all the support. I'll most likely be looking at purchasing this upgrade from you once I can get some local quotes on installation.

I guess someone needs to take the plunge... :)

19. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Never a problem - I have one set aside with your name on it!

20. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

Please keep us updated!

21. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Do you know if the Radio/CD/XM name will still show up on the display on the left of the tach?

Thanks,
    Erik

22. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Without physically installing it into a car, I just don't know. I can only assume it does as this is from Ferrari and I would think all previous "specs" as it relates to the display are the same.

23. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Unfortunately, there is no removable radio bezel for the Cali. The entire lower dash must come out. I've seen it done (in photos,) but never had the guts to do it on mine when my radio needed work.

24. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    One more left! Still available!

25. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name: