Anyone know this vin ZFF65TJA2D0193795 2013 corsa/beige | FerrariChat

Anyone know this vin ZFF65TJA2D0193795 2013 corsa/beige

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by osu_s2k, Jan 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. osu_s2k

osu_s2k Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Midwest
    Looking to pull the trigger tomoorow. Sold by ft lauderdale and 3 owners already, wondering if car has some history.

2. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    I assume you ran the normal background investigation places like Carfax.

3. osu_s2k

osu_s2k Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Midwest
    yes, 3 owners nothing fishy, may have to invest in an extended warranty. i assume that will run me 4-5K.

4. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Call service dept of dealers - many times they will let you know history in their computer wo revealing previous or present owners names james

5. osu_s2k

osu_s2k Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Midwest
    I ve signed to buy contingent on the inspection. Its hard loaded w 296!sticker under 2k miles

6. Peter P

Peter P Karting

Dec 22, 2011
    Boston area
    Check for the "in service date" on the car to see if it's still eligible for the bumper to bumper extended warranty -- you have to sign up for that within 30 days of the 3 year anniversary. I believe it costs something like $7700 per year and can be extended for only 2 years. Expensive insurance but will give you some peace of mind on a used car. There's a more limited warranty in the $4-5k range/yr too.

7. osu_s2k

osu_s2k Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Midwest
    it runs out of warranty march, 3rd, the full power cube 2 year is 9900. its a lot of $ for insurance but will allow me a couple years to sort the car out. my local dealer is willing to do it. I was having second thoughts after reading about how great the cali t is, especially when some are trading in the 225 range with pretty heavy options. But the cali 30 makes more $ sense right now.

8. Peter P

Peter P Karting

Dec 22, 2011
    Boston area
    I'm actually looking at purchasing the extended warranty right now for my 2013 Cal30. I wasn't going to but after hearing and reading horror stories about how even the (seemingly) simplest electronic glitches can cost thousands, I'm inclined to go for the $7700 bumper to bumper warranty which I believe covers everything that the original 3 yr factory warranty covered. I believe that the $5000-ish warranty will only cover the major mechanicals and not electronics and some other items that seem to occasionally go on Ferraris. If that's an option, it may be worth considering. Good luck!

9. Peter P

Peter P Karting

Dec 22, 2011
    Boston area
    Copied this from a recent California thread -- this kind of stuff scares me!

If what you mean by "the old LED floating in the headlight" is that your headlight LED(s) have popped out and is rattling around loose then some other people have reported the same issue.

The lights are sealed so they cannot be repaired, at least not easily. Best to leave it or find a used one from a wrecker (offered with at least some sort of minimal warranty). New ones are expensive; Ricambi lists $6076.08 for a regular Nprth American unit, $6852.54 with AFS.

10. osu_s2k

osu_s2k Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Midwest
    That alone is reason enough to get the warranty