For all the Cali-T Haters | FerrariChat

For all the Cali-T Haters

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Jasone, Feb 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    Once again Ferrari contends that the Cali-T is the reason for their V8 sales gains.

Ferrari NV: Best Ever Results: 2015 - Yahoo Finance

When will it finally sink in that the Cali-T is a a major HIT for Ferrari and not all the doom and gloom that is regularly reported on this site?

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    yes it is a major hit for Ferrari however that still does not mean that everyone is happy about the Turbo fleet of new engines. It marks a major change for a company that made its signature the scream of a flat plane high rev engine.... it is still a great car....

3. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    I certainly understand this but so many people say that the Cali-T is a complete failure for Ferrari when in fact it is a driving force for sales and revenue. The Cali may fail to meet their particular expectations but that not stopping record numbers of people from buying them.

Top that with a lot a great reviews on the sounds of the 488 from owners and I think this whole thing was a prophecy trying to happen that just didn't.

We should all jump on the band and rejoice the magnificence of the Cali-T as it is.

No haters allowed!

4. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Totally agree!

5. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Love the Cali...

6. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Never driven it but just love the looks - makes the 2010 I used to own look clunky. Personally love the design direction and the performance figures are a big improvement.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Was not a fan of the 1st gen Cali. But they did a great job beautyfying it with the T. The sound is disappointing for a Ferrari but it is a great car. Not one i lust after however.

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I would Agree I owned two California's the latest being a 2013 which I really liked . I have no issue with the caliT in fact I drove one and it is great much quicker then the old but has a little less pleasent sound would not stop me from buying one just not on my radar right now ..
    I actually would prefer it to the 488 as I like the front engine cars..

9. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I do get the Cali t often as a loaner from the dealer. I love it! Just wished the suspension was more sportier

10. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    I took delivery of my Cali T in July and I love it. I get more reaction from others on the road than I ever got with my Aston Martins, and they were beautiful automobiles. I love my Cali T.

11. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Handling Speciale package.

12. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    Exactly. Not sure how many people will order this extra but they have certainly addressed the desire of some.

13. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    How much is it and what is included? Haven't heard too much about it yet

14. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith