2016 Cali T Owner - in a couple of days | FerrariChat

2016 Cali T Owner - in a couple of days

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by JasTex, Mar 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #1 JasTex, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Healthy and happy driving to all you guys. Been lurking here for a while as I've been waiting for my Cali T to arrive. It left New Jersey earlier this week and though it was supposed to arrive at the dealership (here in Tx) today it seems to be missing in action. Fingers crossed that it arrives tomorrow in order that PDI, window tinting, radar detector installation etc can be done and I can get her early next week. I count myself lucky though when reading the 'marathon' threads on the anguish some of you guys went through 'sat' in the 'waiting room' for your deliveries.

I've been lucky that the dealership already had a car on it's way which fitted perfectly to my personal taste. Maybe some purists will cringe but here's the spec:
    Nero Daytona
    Nero 8500 interior
    Nero 152 carpets - customized piping and logo same color as stitching (see below)
    Blue brake calipers
    Carbon fiber driver zone + LED's
    Carbon fiber central bridge
    Horse stitched on headrests (Blu)
    Colored special stitching (FILO Special Blu)
    Scuderia Ferrari shields
    In/out Electrical....mirror....home link
    Front and rear parking cameras
    20" forged diamond rims
    Ventilated full electric seats
    Tyre pressure management
    CarPlay
    Doesn't have the damper adjust, but I'm not worried about not having that. I was careful not to play with it during the test drives.

What do you think of the spec?

So I'm coming out of a 2014 Mas Granturismo Sport. Wondering how you guys who have had or still own the GT found the experience moving into a Cali T. Major differences I can look forward to, and/or things I need to watch out for. I only ever drove her in manual/sport mode. Loved the sound which is off the charts awesome...but I have to admit that she did have some quirks that drove me nuts. Tethered to a battery tender (life support) for the car was a real pain....unfortunately learnt the hard way. My wife refused to drive her, not sure if that's a good or bad thing but she absolutely loves the Cali T, again not sure if that's a good or a bad thing �� Anyway figured I'd let the Mas be enjoyed by another driver while she still had factory warranty and a great opportunity to take the plunge into the brand I've dreamed about since I was a kid.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi, and look forward to learning from and contributing to this forum.

2. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    #2 Fly4Ree, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Congratulations on the new car, and double grats as it was minus the typical wait. The freedom from the ball and chain (battery tender) is tenuous. The manual says 70 hours. If you are not going to run the car sooner, it says to hook it up. Warmer climates extend the between times I am sure. Lots of us have our own timeline learned the hard way too. Hope you kept your old extension cord... Which city is the car coming to? McKinney is near walking distance to Plano, but am not making any assumptions.

3. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Congrats! Post pics when you get them

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats, can't wait to see this wonderful config! Yes my wife wants us to add a California just so she can drive it as well :)

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yeah, pics! Haven't seen many with blue Cali calipers...

SV

6. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    yep, will be posting some pictures during the next week ��

Fly4Ree - you're right ....Boardwalk in Plano. Almost walking distance. Though my normal exercise regime is walking to my garage in the morning, and driving to Starbucks.

7. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #7 JasTex, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dropped the Maserati off this morning....still no sign of the Cali T. I was starting to think ah crap it really is lost. Then a nice big truck shows up, and there she was. More pictures to follow, when I get her next week, seats were covered in white covers, pretty much everything inside covered in that self adhesive plastic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    The blue calipers are very subtle, nice.

9. lmcmahon

lmcmahon Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congratulations! Enjoy! I look forward to some interior pictures.

10. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Black and blue, nice, unique combo. And it even came on a transporter with blue highlights...

11. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    JasTex, congrats on your new car.
    I also come from a Maserati, a 2011 Granturismo convertible.
    It was a great car. I was blindsided when first looking at it and the dealer started it cold with its fanny against a wall. The sound was glorious and I was hooked. I never had any problems with the car, paid $140k for it and sold it 4 years later for $80k with which I was happy. The sound in driving that car with the top down was fantastic. The ZF transmission was smooth. However, I often wished it had 100 hp more and that it was lighter. Now, the new 2016 Cali T comes home. 120 more hp, shorter wheelbase and super fast seven speed transmission. Can drive it hard and with fantastic handling. It covers all the bases, except for sound and that will be your biggest trade off. Not even the NA Cali's can compare to the sound of the Maserati. But, you will find the sweet spots in your new Cali in terms of engine revs, shift points etc. Bottom line is that I love the Cali and would never go back. (My wife was also ambivalent about the Maser but loves the Cali.)

12. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #12 JasTex, Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks for the responses guys. Snewton, I can totally relate to your comments.

As mentioned, I'll get more photos loaded when the inside is 'unwrapped' when I get her but here's a teaser of the blue stitching against the black of the steering wheel. Photo is not great, but you get the idea.

13. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wow, you got blue EVERYTHING. Even the protective shipping wrap on the steering wheel cavallino...

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to all the pics.

I live near the birthplace of the blues, so more noticeable to me than most, perhaps...

14. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    Great looking car! I definitely want to see more of the interior.

15. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #15 JasTex, Apr 9, 2016
  16. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is pretty cool. Who did the work?

17. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #17 JasTex, Apr 9, 2016
    Brian at DetailWerkz in Dallas. I've found his work to be fantastic, he's a perfectionist. Just the type of person I want working on my car. Added another photo, but this one has some reflections off the floor onto the diffuser.

18. nfg2507

nfg2507 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Carbon dashboard inserts and she's perfect ;)

19. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Congratulations, I also came from a Maserati GTC, (had 2) , Never , have i looked back. I know the sound of the Mas is Glorious, however the rest is all for my Cali T !

20. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #20 JasTex, Apr 19, 2016
  21. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #21 JasTex, Apr 19, 2016
  22. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Very Sweet!

23. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulation! Great looking California T!

24. retinadoc

retinadoc Rookie

Dec 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Haris Amin
    Beautiful car! I like the blue calipers and stitching/horse. Enjoy.

25. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks guys. Apparently my mats have arrived at the dealership. Will be picking them up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk