Installing dead pedal and footrest | FerrariChat

Installing dead pedal and footrest

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by flaparty, Mar 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flaparty

flaparty Rookie

Feb 27, 2013
    I just bought the aluminum footrest and dead pedal but can't figure how to install them on my 2010 Cali. The holes on the passenger foot rest don't line up with the screws that hold the carpet panel in.
    The dead pedal has a big mounting bracket, I guess the carpet must be pulled back. Anybody done this or have a link to instructions?
    Thanks,
    Pat

2. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    Did you buy these parts from Ferrari ?

3. flaparty

flaparty Rookie

Feb 27, 2013
  4. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I had this done by my dealer years ago, when the parts became available (they weren't orderable when I ordered my 2010 car new. Turned out to be a pretty difficult and expensive install for them. IIRC, they had to drill the proper hole locations and weld nuts to the backside of the holes to screw in the dead pedal and footrests. They look great and are mounted the same as the factory would have, but they too were surprised the holes didn't line up. I think they said the passenger side was harder to install than the driver side, but it's probably been 5 years since I added these so I do t completely recall the installation fun.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The drivers aluminum footrest for a Cali is 82388200 (left hand drive). Uses screw 14441434 to install (this could be substituted for any 6x20 taptite screw, I think quite safely).

The passenger aluminum footrest for a Cali is 66122200 (same as 360, 430, etc). Uses screw 65847800 to install (if you can find them, this is merely a 6x16 screw)

6. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't recall the part numbers, but they were ordered through FoSV and installed by them. I just remember it being a bigger ordeal than they anticipated. Maybe it is easier on cars built since those parts became available.

7. flaparty

flaparty Rookie

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks everybody for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.
    pat

8. rsbgcali

rsbgcali Rookie

Nov 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Lawson
    I did this on my 2014 Cali. There are two holes already there behind the passenger carpet. My carpet has a substantial aluminum backing. I ordered the correct Ferrari screws which are shorter than those which mount the carpet. I placed a nut and washer in two places that did not have tapped hole mounts. There are already holes in the metal backing plate. Using the shorter screws prevents impingement on the relays and fuses, but just to be extra safe I made a tough protective plate out of polypropylene to protect the relays and fuses.
    To replace the drivers you have to pull the rubber dead pedal loose. It is glued in place. It takes some force. I found two holes into which I placed the screws. I also used a piece of carpet tape. I used an ice pick to probe for the holes.
    The correct screws are less than a dollar each. Of course, shipping is 12 dollars.
    I used factory parts which were pretty reasonable. The passenger was less than 150 with shipping from Italy and I got the drivers off eBay for 25.
    Just take your time measuring. It took about an hour.
    Jim

9. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Do you mind posting pics of your install and the bolts on the back. THANKS!

10. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    I would like some pics as well haha.

11. Surfandwind

Surfandwind Rookie

Aug 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Erik Luca
    I am kind of worried making these holes, what about glueing them and just place shorter screws? Iseas? suggestions? THX

12. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    I have done it a few months back on mine. Just make the holes, you are not hitting anything behind.

13. rsbgcali

rsbgcali Rookie

Nov 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Lawson
    If you read my post you will see no drilling was needed and that I used two sided carpet for the drivers