Handling Package | FerrariChat

Handling Package

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Royalpar1, Mar 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks for spotting that. It will be interesting to see the comparison article Ferrari wanted to avoid.

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Also interesting that the article states you cannot retrofit the handling package on older Cali T's. That contradicts what a dealer said in another thread.

3. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    My dealer have told me that the exhaust will be avaiable starting ( Europe for sure ) from july 2016, i think the article wanted to say about the suspension and the gear.

4. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I wonder how different the 2db really is in person on the exhaust

5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Bleh.. need more juice in that article. Guess they are saying, get it if you want BUT we don't know how much better the $10k with the car really is LOL.

6. lmronson

lmronson Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    London
    Full Name:
    Laurence Ronson
    I've just collected a new Cali T and the Dealer in London opened the valves...sounds loud enough to me!!!

The sound is very different to the normally aspirated Cali I had before and has a deep V8 sounding rumble.

7. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Laurence, just curious but did the dealer discuss anything about voiding the warranty with opening the valves? I have heard conflicting comments about that with someone saying that from a certain date forward Ferrari would not permit dealers to open the valves and in fact me dealer said it was not permitted. Finally, at idle do you get any sorting of droaning noise? If so, is it acceptable?

8. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Only offering the HS on a new car is another part of Ferrari's brilliant marketing strategy.

As the product line moves along, bring in features that will get someone off the fence to join the product line for the first time, or to upgrade from a previous model. Apple has done this for years, very successfully, but while Apple and Ferrari have a working relationship, I believe Ferrari was doing this well before Apple's inception.

This calls to mind a paraphrase of my favorite, and often quoted, line from the movie Animal House:

"If you want the homecoming parade in my town, you have to pay"

If you want the Handling Speciale package in your town, you have to pay
    (for a new Cali T)...

9. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I just feel like I am listening to Yoda :)

10. BruceWinter

BruceWinter Karting

Dec 22, 2013
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Bruce E. Winter
    2017 Ferrari California T Handling Speciale Review

But as this is the Handling Speciale, let’s talk handling. Totally excellent. Wondrous steering, excellent grip, light feeling despite itself—the big takeaway is that it’s just so much fun to drive. Yes, the massive layers of power help things, but the car handles fabulously. I flogged H. Speciale up and down a particularly scenic road, not far from Genoa, Italy. The three-position manettino was initially clicked one up into Sport mode. However, the car has such fantastic mechanical grip that I quickly switched all the handling nannies off. The California T HS didn’t miss a beat.

11. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Bruce , are you getting one with the HS ?

12. BruceWinter

BruceWinter Karting

Dec 22, 2013
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Bruce E. Winter