Apple 30pin iPod connector conversion? | FerrariChat

Apple 30pin iPod connector conversion?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Jcm91ca, Mar 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jcm91ca

Jcm91ca Rookie

Jan 16, 2016
    I have a 2011 Ferrari California with the Apple 30pin iPod connector that sits in the glovebox. How was everyone made use of this with the new 8pin Lightning connector change?

Also, is there a way to re-route the wiring to the center console so I can access the phone/use navigation while driving? I'm currently using an AUX cable to play music off of my phone.

2. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    There is an adapter (30-8) from Apple costing $30. Others have them as low as $10. I don't know if it will work in the car, but it might be worth a try.

3. ahmadof

ahmadof Rookie

Mar 27, 2011
    What I use is a tune2air Bluetooth adaptor. Plays wirelessly. Pauses for phone. Can use built in mic for phone and Siri. Works well for me. Saves having to mess with converter to lightening connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jcm91ca

Jcm91ca Rookie

Jan 16, 2016
    Awesome!! Thanks Ahmadof. Is this the one on Amazon? Do you have any issues with it interfering with the car bluetooth?

Amazon.com: Bovee Viseeo Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adaptor for Audi, Mercedes, and Volkswagen with 30 pin iPod connector - Compatible with iPod Touch 4th & 5th Gen , iPad 1 to 4 , iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPhone 4 , 5, 6, 6 pl

5. retinadoc

retinadoc Rookie

Dec 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Haris Amin
    So with one of these Bluetooth connections, the phone goes thru the tune2air and no longer connects to the car's built in Bluetooth?

Haris in NJ

6. ahmadof

ahmadof Rookie

Mar 27, 2011
    That is the right one on Amazon. I have in all my cars. Phone just connects automatically. Some people have complained of drop outs / trouble connecting , but I've had 4 in various cars and never had issues. The advantage of the tune2air over regular Bluetooth is it acts like phone is plugged in, so controls in the car work to advance track, etc. the display shows all song info. You can browse playlists / podcasts , etc. you can play music, have navi on phone or waze on and it will play through stereo. All gets paused when call comes in and phone mic can pick up. There's a good faq on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I second the Tune2Air WMA1000. I use them regularly on my Bentley and Aston.

8. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Worked for me as well in my Maserati, whose electronics have to be some of the most cumbersome of any vehicle :)