New color | FerrariChat

New color

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by kobe, Mar 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kobe

kobe Karting

Mar 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    Any experience with Rosso California paint color? Just saw it and depending on the light can look a little rust in color. Also, any opinions regarding resale value for a "special" color? Thanks.

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Rosso California is a warm metallic red, I think achieved using gold metallic flakes in the paint. I rather like it, and it was the signature color at release of the T. As with most options, the color option, though it costs more when new, is likely not a recoverable amount at resale. Get it because you like it, but not because it will add any value at resale time. The color might or might not make the car easier to sell, as color choice is highly subjective. The pool of buyers for this car could be relatively small, but to those buyers who want that color, they may have been looking for some time for that car, and if you have patience, you still might get your asking price for it, or close to it. Of course I could be entirely wrong; only the market really can tell you.

3. kobe

kobe Karting

Mar 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    Thank you. Good advice.

4. timothymunro

timothymunro Karting

Jun 20, 2013
    I have a California T with Rosso California colour. Wow! It looks simply amazing. Everybody who sees it comes and comments to me about the colour - they simply love it!!! It's lighter and sparkles under sun light, and darker and richer when not in the sun. It's an absolutely stunning colour.

5. fc3288

fc3288 Karting

Oct 11, 2014
    Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Fred

Mine is the same and with black roof. It look amazing and you feel the color touch is different under sunlight and moonlight

6. kobe

kobe Karting

Mar 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    Thank you. Picking it up in a week. Trading in my 2103 in TDF. My first red car...ever!

7. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #7 DK308, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I took the liberty of borrowing this picture earlier posted by forum member Caligirl.

It clearly shows the difference between Rosso California and normal Rosso Corsa. The Rosso Cali looks like something you could just drown it and want to take a bite out of by comparison. It's a stunning and deep rich red.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login