Looking for a 2010 or 2011 California | FerrariChat

Looking for a 2010 or 2011 California

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by enzo9, Mar 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzo9

enzo9 Rookie

May 12, 2008
    Hello!

I'm relatively new here and would like to get y'alls opinion on how much I should pay for a 2010 or 2011 California? Also what are the gremlins to look for in this model? I live in Houston, TX.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

2. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    The variants are mileage, service records and a color that is resale friendly. If you look on eBay or DuPont they range from the bottom 110 to 160 . Get a ppi , don't get emotional and think long term..Good luck

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I have a Cali 2010 which I bought second hand and before I've decided to purchase with this particular I've spent 3 months building a short list of seven alternative cars. From the beginning I put as the main priorities the mileage, which should not exceed 20.000 miles, and a car that had to have all the guarantee extensions made and registered in the maintenance book and which was accident free. I believed that this factors together could give me a high degree of assurance that I was buying a trouble free car. Than came the color selection, there were many Calis available in red and blue, but I really wanted a nero (black) non metallic and they were so difficult to find at the time. Afterwards was the color of the interior and I couldn't compromise because I wanted it in cuoyo 4609 brown, steering wheel as well, with Daytona style seats.

During the first two months of searching I located a couple of Calis color nero but none of them fulfilled my requirements. One had the interior like I wanted but the mileage was 30.000, the other was less than 20.000 miles with all the guarantee extensions but the interior was black. Moving into the third month of search and not being able to find the Cali I wanted I started getting frustrated and considering the possibility of buying an available grey one with 10.000 miles with all the guarantee extensions and with the interior as I liked. Because I wasn't completely convinced with this one my subconscious didn't stop telling me that I might regret the decision and I delayed the purchased always hopping that the car of my dreams would pop up someday by miracle.

By the end of the third month of search, when hope was starting to fade away, one day I locate a German advert for a Cali nero non metallic, 11.000 miles, all guarantee extensions performed, accident free, cuoyo 4609 interior and Daytona seats, adjustable magneride shock absorbers, complete Capristo exhaust system with a remote control. The car was also equipped with the fully extras available in 2009. That was more than what I have ever wished but this car was a 2010 and the most expensive of the seven in my short list which ranged from year 2009 to 2012. The seller was a big european ferrari dealer with very good reputation in the market and after several weeks negotiating the best discount I got was 4%. The final price for this Cali was 10% above the average price of the other seven cars on my short list but I purchased it without hesitation.

After having enjoyed my Cali for quite sometime I'm delighted with this magic mechanical piece of art and I don't regret at all the decision I've taken. My advice to someone like you who has started the searching process for a Cali is to define very well all your priorities and follow a methodology similar to the one I mentioned. If the car which fulfills all your requirements is not in that list be patient don't give up and continuo searching. The only thing I advise you is never to buy a car which doesn't fulfill the majority of your requirements and dreams. If you do you'll regret it for life.

Good luck........................

4. enzo9

enzo9 Rookie

May 12, 2008
    MDEL,

Thank you very much for the comprehensive reply!

One thing: What do you mean when you say "guarantee extensions"? Do you mean an extended warranty?

Thanks so much!

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    ENZO 9,

Excuse my english but it's not my mother language. I mentioned "guarantee extensions" and what I meant was extended warrantee. In the particular case of my Cali which I bought last January there are four registered extended warrantees of one year each and the last one is still valid until the end of October 2016. I've already negotiated with my local ferrari dealer an extension to start next October and which will be valid until Oct 2017. Just for your information the cost of this extension in the case of my Cali is around $ 3.000. From what I've read in the posts of other american owners in the USA this extensions can cost more than $ 7.000. I'm really surprised the cost difference is so big between Europe and the USA but I reckon that as a lot do do with each dealer price policy.

Regards

6. enzo9

enzo9 Rookie

May 12, 2008
    MDEL,

No worries about the language difference! :) Once again, I really do appreciate your comprehensive reply.

Have a good day,
    Enzo9

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    A very nice '11 in Grigio Silverstone/Nero just sold at Fof San Francisco for under the $129k asking price. It had just over 16k miles and was well-equipped.

8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Please tell us more!!

8^)

SV

9. retinadoc

retinadoc Rookie

Dec 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Haris Amin
    I just purchased a 2010 Cali. Important to me was buying from a dealership that would stand behind the car, could service it, would pick up the car if needed at their cost. I was able to get one with yearly service included for 18 more months. Mileage was important; mine was below 4500 miles. Clean CarFax. Next was color combo; I liked Grigio with Cuio interior. I paid for a full clear bra XPel. I had to have a yellow rev counter and LED steering wheel. Some early models have a rear view camera, satellite radio and magneride suspension. Electrochromic mirrors either rear view only or both rear view and side mirrors. Make sure the tool kit, car cover, wind screen and battery tender are included along with manual and both sets of keys. There are lots of cars out there so you can be picky. Happy hunting!

Haris in NJ

10. Jcm91ca

Jcm91ca Rookie

Jan 16, 2016
    #10 Jcm91ca, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Man, I love that color combination! I just want to reiterate, I have 26000 miles on my 2010. I would call it my semi daily driver.
    I have done just the routine maintenance, changed the tires once and recently changed brake pads due to squealing ( they were barely worn but had a few small hairline cracks and I did not want to risk hiring the rotors) but besides that, mine has performed absolutely flawlessly, no issues whatsoever.

12. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    #12 JPA, Mar 30, 2016
  13. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Really like the colors, how about an interior shot?

14. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

That is one hot looking Cali! Congrats.
    T

15. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    Thanks Tom, just had the valves on the exhaust opened and drove it today on Pacific Coast Hwy. I had a big smile:)
    JP

16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I can imagine! The black accents and roof really complement the yellow...T

17. rmb221

rmb221 Karting

Feb 25, 2013
  18. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    #18 Drldcohen, Apr 2, 2016
    I found Carguru to have a nice list of available Cali in the US. I was able to narrow down my search to year and color. Found a beautiful from Ferrari of Los Angeles. Was delivered last week 2014 with 3200 miles I am having a blast with it
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    A great place to start is Ferrari of Houston and Specifically Craig Becker. He is really knowledgeable and can make deals happen that are advantageous to both client and dealer. I unfotunately missed out on a car they had and wasn't able to close the deal, but Craig was awesome.

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
  21. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Same here. Good inventory. Great service.

Eric Frazier was my guy.

ScottS

22. WJS

WJS Rookie

Jan 4, 2016
    I have a 458 Italia and am looking to buy a 2011 California for my wife. Does this specific Californianhave ceramic brakes?

23. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

Ceramic brakes are standard on all Californias.

24. tdf14cali

tdf14cali Rookie

Apr 28, 2016
    #24 tdf14cali, May 1, 2016