Newbie owner has questions | FerrariChat

Newbie owner has questions

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Drldcohen, Mar 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    #1 Drldcohen, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    As a new Cali owner can some one tell me if it is normal than when I start her up in sport mode my rear view camera does not engage in reverse.

Also when I start up in the afternoon (I park in a parking garage where there ramps to go up and down) I find that the car since it stays in first or second gear at best really seem to chug and lunge. Is it not warmed up enough.

Mine is a 2014 model with 3k miles.

I appreciate your insight

2. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    No, that is not normal. I have NEVAH taken my car from Sport and reverse camera works perfectly.

Think you need to bring it in for a service

3. kobe

kobe Karting

Mar 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    Cannot comment on the camera issue, but I have noted that Ferrari's are quirky. As for the herky, jerky issue, mine does the same thing. Try letting it warm up a little longer although that may not solve completely.

4. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Thanks for the input

Indeed I agree with a little quirky but still glad I have it b thoroughly enjoy the drive

Will talk to dealer when I take it in. Came with extended full car warranty. So not real concerned

5. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This may sound a bit weird but try it. After you turn your key to the start position, press down fully on the throttle and release.....then press the start button.