Cabin fan | FerrariChat

Cabin fan

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by vjd3, Apr 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Recently, after driving the car on relatively cold days with the top down and the heat cranked up, I have put the top back up, parked, and come back to the car to find that the cabin fan appears to still be blowing heat out of the dash vents. The first time I left the car for maybe 20 minutes, the second time no more than 5.

I don't think this is normal -- is it? -- and I am wondering whether or not I'm going to come back a couple hours later to a dead battery.

2. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Mine appears to do the same thing... Even if I have the little dots all the way on off hot or cool air will slowly blow out. Only my Ferrari does this... Never experienced this in any other car before.

3. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    BTW, try hitting the recirculation button (while everything else is off... i.e. the knob is on the most left hand/off position). This should light the recirculation button red, but nothing else. See if that stops air from coming out of the vents unexpectedly?

4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Thanks, Keith ... did not seem to make a difference in my car. I found another post from Rick which suggests that this is normal behavior to dispel heat from the engine, although that seems a bit bizarre to me. It is, however, a Ferrari.