Novitec Cali T ECU upgrade | FerrariChat

Novitec Cali T ECU upgrade

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by James cln, Apr 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Has anyone put the Novitec piggy back ECU upgrade on the CAli T. Interested to hear from someone who has had experience with it.

2. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    You said you had already ordered it several weeks ago. Did you send it back or still waiting to install it?

3. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Well I installed it only to get check engine lights - carefully checked everything and even totally removed it and re- installed 2 more times- same symptoms . When I removed it everything worked perfect. They are sending me a new set - must have been a problem w the one I got. They have been very good about it. Not sure I want to do it now though-Tks

4. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Keep us posted. Did you drive the car with the lights on ?

5. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Nope the check engine lights come on before I started it- I did start it for a minute and it would hardly run. I think though it was just an anomaly- they said they had never had this problem before. They offered to sent me a new upgrade or refund my money. I really would like to hear from a customer who installed it to see if they feel this thing is worth doing.

6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #6 MalibuGuy, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    There is an FChatter with a lot of experience doing turbo tunes.

He claimed to get 100 hp tuning his MCLaren. I think his name is Howydo. You can send him a pm. He who'd be someone who knows first hand.

Look at some of the 458 threads about tuning a 488

7. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Ok thanks Malibu man

8. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Sorry to hear about your issues. With all the N-TRONICs we have sold, we haven't had any problems but we want to help resolve yours. When I read your post I called Novitec North America to ask them if there was any way we could help out to get your problem solved. They were unaware of any issues you have had but they want to get this figured out for you too. Please let us know who you bought the unit from and your VIN. You can PM us this info but this will tell us who and where your N-TRONIC was tuned and we can get to the bottom of any issues you are having.

9. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Any news on this? It all seems a bit strange.

10. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    No word from the customer yet.

11. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Hey Jason , I appreciate your desire to help but already sent it back and vendor refunded my money. They offered to replace it but I decided I didn't need th extra power- the T is plenty fast stock- you have a great product and a great company Thanks

12. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    #12 Alex@TAG, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I cant tell you how many of these we have done. I have a feeling that it was one of three things.

A) the software was not properly loaded onto the N-Tronic ECU's or it was
    B) Not properly installed
    C) Some sort of defective wiring in the N-Tronic Harness

Basically the N-Tronic Unit comes with adaptors that tap into a few sensors on the car and it also taps into the ECU. When we program the N-Tronic Box's, you MUST select a Version A or Version B car (some cars have an extra sensor so thats the difference). If the N-Tronic wasnt programmed correctly this problem might occur.

With that being said - i have personally logged a ton of miles on my own Cali T, and i haveto say the difference is HUGE! The car pulls so hard but powerband feels like stock you're just going a LOT quicker and it does push you in your seat. I was able to pull away from a stock 458 from a 60-120 pull easily. Same with 0-60 - HOWEVER the car felt very very drivable!

Call me directly, email or PM me if you have ANY questions at all - i would be more than happy to help! 877-523-6747 x198
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Check out a thread in the 488 section entitled "Just tuned my 488"