california exhaust | FerrariChat

california exhaust

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by doccharlie954, Apr 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    any one know how to keep the exhaust valves open all the time on a 2012 cali

2. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    There is a complicated process using Popsicle sticks (just kidding). There are some aftermarket products that will let you do that. One will let you open and close using a remote.

3. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    It is a super easy 10 minute job

remove the access panel underneath the bumper/exhaust
    take of the vacuum hoses of the vacuum actuated valves mounted at the exhaust boxes.
    plug the two hoses with little pins
    place back the access panel
    enjoy the louder exhaust.

4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    My 2010 Cali has a Capristo exhaust system with double valves. This exhaust system has an incredible sound and according to dyno tests done by Capristo it increases the engine power around 20 hp. In automatic operation the system opens and closes the valves automatically across the r.p.m curve. There is also a small remote control unit which I keep together with the car key which enables to open or close the valves at will. The sound in automatic operation is in my opinion much better than the sound of the original exhaust system (I've heard both side by side). With the valves open the sound is another dimension - loud and fantastic giving the sensation we're driving a racing car.