Tire pressure | FerrariChat

Tire pressure

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by kobe, Apr 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kobe

kobe Karting

Mar 3, 2011
    New Jersey
    Just picked up my 2106 California T (more on that later). Tire pressure was set at 33/30, although manual says 35/32. Thoughts on correct pressure?

First reaction - This is my third California having had the original, the "30" and now the T. After less than 100 miles I can confidently say that this is the best California so far. Was unsure of my reaction to the Turbo, but it is smooth as silk and still maintains the sound we all want to hear when we step on the pedal.

Everything in the cabin is more thoughtfully placed and the technology is a HUGE upgrade. I took a risk with the Rosso California color and I am happy that I did. It is a candy red in the sun, but takes on rust hues (in a good way) in low light. Pictures to follow, but so far, I am ecstatic.

2. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I run all my cars from my Maseratis to Cali T at 32/34 , seems to give me the comfort, handling and longevity on the rubber. I am running Michilin Pilot Super Sport

3. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Interested in what tiers came on the 2016?

4. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Pirelli P Zero's on my '16. ZR-19

5. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    When the time comes, check out Pirelli PZero Trofeo Rs -- super sticky streetable comp tires. 6000 miles ....and you're done though.

6. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #6 4th_gear, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires are also not too shabby... I believe they're standard on the Porsche 918. OTOH though, Pilot Super Sports are probably a better choice for everyday use.

As for tire pressures, I use the ones on the door sticker as a rough guide. Sometimes I use lower pressures, but never higher pressures.

7. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I too use the door sticker pressures, have on all three Calis. However, as I remember, I needed a couple more lbs in the front for Mid Ohio.

8. ctome3

ctome3 Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Ridgefield, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom E
    Mine came standard with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I run them at the door sticker pressures as well.