Headlight issue help | FerrariChat

Headlight issue help

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Wallsttrader, Apr 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wallsttrader

Wallsttrader Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #1 Wallsttrader, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi looking at buying this California, I had a PPI done, came back perfect except for this head light issue, one side is dimmer than other, the inspector suggested replacement
    any other fixes or thoughts ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    drive during the day :) or replace the lamp

3. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Wait till they tell you how much a headlight costs... Would park it 10 feet from a wall or garage door at night, and do a test to see how much of a difference you notice, then decide. That said, it may be inevitable that the light eventually gets changed. In that case, sooner is better, the cost will only go up.

4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Do the running lights change intensity depending whether the headlights are on or off? Could be a bad relay on that side.

5. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    If those are the running lights, look for a missing light rolling around the bottom of the headlight assy. To me it looks like there are more LEDs on one side compared to the other. I had that on my '12. They replaced the headlight assy. The bumper cover has to come off to do the work :).