Exhaust - Capristo or Frequency Intelligent for Cali T | FerrariChat

Exhaust - Capristo or Frequency Intelligent for Cali T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by JasTex, Apr 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #1 JasTex, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Thinking of adding an after market exhaust. Want tame and gentle for my wife and ear piercing shrieks when she's not with me....thoughts?

Just re-read and thought I'd add that my wife doesn't have a ear piercing shriek LOL....

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I have a Capristo exhaust system on my 2010 Cali and the sound is excellent and in my opinion far superior to the one of the standard exhaust. With this particular exhaust you also get a 20 hp increase. The system normally operates fully automatic with the valves modulating from close and open through the rpm curve and on this mode the sound is "gentle" enough for a wife's hears (I'm not sure you can use the world gentle to classify a ferrari sound). The system has a small remote control that we keep inside the car and by pressing one button the exhaust valves can be fully open. When that happens the sound becomes powerful, loud and irresistible - It is the closest sensation to driving a racing car.

In the case of the Cali T which has a turbo engine the original exhaust sound is very different from the one of the non turbo Calis and I'm not sure if the Capristo exhaust system makes such a big sound improvement. The best thing you can do is listen to a T with the Capristo exhaust and take your own conclusions.

3. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    just order the Carpisto exhaust remote control for your standard exhaust or open the valves permanently yourself.

the standard exhaust sounds awesome with the valves permanently open.

4. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Getting ready to release all data on our system as well :)

5. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yep, valves are permanently open. Good start, but know there's more sonorous notes to be had. Capristo system sounds nice but am struggling to find an audio file for the Fi system installed on a Cali T. Lots of 458's and F12 videos but nothing for the Cali T. You'd think with them recently releasing the product they'd have some kind of media out there for marketing purposes. Guess I'll have to just wait and see.

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Yesterday and for the first time I had the opportunity of listening to a Cali T with a standard exhaust side by side with my 2010 Cali with the Capristo exhaust system. I'm going to express an opinion as independent as possible so don't get me wrong because I'm not trying to compare cars. By the way my opinion coincided with the opinion of the Cali T owner.

When reving up both cars we started with the Cali 2010 Callisto exhaust in automatic mode and we concluded:

- The Cali T has a stronger bass sound but lacks the treble sounds of the 2010 Cali.

Afterwards we opened the valves of the 2010 Cali Callisto and we concluded:

- The Cali 2010 was louder and the treble and bass sounds were definitely much more evident.

After having put my hears to this experience I believe the Cali T sound can certainly be improved in loudness and bass with the addition of a Capristo exhaust. What I sincerely doubt is that the Capristo exhaust can improve anything on the treble sounds because they just not there.

7. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks for sharing MDEL, appreciate the insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk