2010 Cali - Water shaking noice | FerrariChat

2010 Cali - Water shaking noice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Rapal88, Apr 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rapal88

Rapal88 Rookie

Oct 10, 2015
    Full Name:
    N Fernando
    Everyday after driving for about 10Km I start getting water shaking noice from driver side rear when break and come stop (where the petrol tank located). i have test car with very very low petrol in the tank still i am getting water shaking noice so it can't be petrol. i think it is something coming from breaks. car done 26000Km. i don't get the noice for about 1st 10km from start in the morning. this only happen when something get heated i guess. please reply

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Water sloshing noise? Are you sure it's not the window washer fluid?

3. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    You may have a blocked sill/rocker drain. A friend of mine once owned a Rover that did this, it turned out the sills were holding gallons of water. The stereophonic water sloshing sounds were interesting while driving.
    Not sure why on yours it would only occur after 10km though, it might collect while sitting and first need some dispersion for it to become noticeable.
    Do also a test with a full fuel tank.

4. noahprtlnd

noahprtlnd Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Are you running the air conditioning when this is happening? Possibly a clogged drain with condensation building up and that's why the delay in occurrence.

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Maybe you can get a buddy to hang off that side of your car and listen while you drive after 10 km? Oh wait, that would totally mess up the handling of your car. My bad, forget it. :D

Seriously though, here's another possibility - I wonder if the "water" may actually be inside the door.

If you live in a rainy area, water may have accumulated inside the door if the drain holes along the bottom become plugged for some reason. When you drive that first 10 km the braking forces that you apply may by momentum thrust the water into a forward space inside the door when the car comes to a stop. The water then sloshes around until it leaks out or back into the rear of the door.

Here's a diagram from Ricambi America website showing the door panels. Notice items 18 and 19 refer to rear and front water shields.

6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    There are hydraulic lines which run under the drivers area.
    They do produce some sound. Ferrari made a couple of modifications to both the software and the lines themselves to minimize the sound.

I would bring the car into your service center and ask them to look into it.

Yes it may cost some money, but then it may solve your problems and then you can get back to enjoying your car to the fullest!

7. Rapal88

Rapal88 Rookie

Oct 10, 2015
    Full Name:
    N Fernando
    Hi guys that's for getting back, I have talk to few people about this and most of them said this could be water is stuck somewhere. If someone can send me picture of drain holes on the doors etc I can clear them out to check any water stuck there. Only problem I'm having is why this only happen when car get heated after driving for 10-15min not straight away.

Yes I tried with aircon off and still getting the notice. Sometime it's like I'm next to a waterfall. I can clearly hear this when break slowly to stop the car and acceralate the car again

Please help

8. Rapal88

Rapal88 Rookie

Oct 10, 2015
    Full Name:
    N Fernando
    Thanks guys, if someone can send me picture or diagram of where the drain holes are I can try to clear them out to see any water inside

Thanks

9. Rapal88

Rapal88 Rookie

Oct 10, 2015
    Full Name:
    N Fernando
    Any answer for me????