Any thoughts on this avorio Cali? | FerrariChat

Any thoughts on this avorio Cali?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by tomc, Apr 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    My wife loves the color combo on this Cali for sale at Miller Motorcars, avorio over chocolate with diamond stitching. I think avorio is a great classic Ferrari color.

Used 2011 Ferrari California For Sale | Greenwich CT

Car appears to be for sale for close to half a year, so presumably not everyone digs the color combo. Price looks a bit high compared to similar cars on cars.com. Any thoughts or intel on this car from the would be most welcome. Thank you, in advance…T

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I think it's beautiful ... I looked hard at that car but really wanted a Cali 30 or it would have been high on my list.

3. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Can't comment on the price, but it does look great.

4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario

When I decided to buy a Cali I searched the european market (mainly Germany / France) during several months and I had the opportunity of evaluating many different cars. I find out at the time that in europe color as a great influence on the reselling price as well as time. I've never seen before a Cali with color avorio but I would put it in the group of unusual colors which are not easy to sell, at least in our geography. I remember following a Cali in a light metallic blue, quite unusual, with very low mileage, excellent price and condition, and it has been for sale for more than a year since and they just can't sell it because of the color. All the red Ferraris I saw always sold for lower prices than the black nero and the grey.
    Because you are asking an opinion I have to tell you frankly that a Cali in this color looks like a completely different car to me and I don't like it at all. However taste is something very personal and can't be discussed.

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Did you test drive it, see it in person?
    T

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I did not, Tom.

I wound up with a grigio titanio 2013. I specifically did not want red because I think it attracts more attention than I want (I had a red F430 before). The car I bought was not a color I was looking for but I thought it looked great, so I chose it. I did not consider resale.

I think it's a shame that Ferrari has made their dealers install those white seamless turntables to shoot the cars on, they don't look real. Much nicer to see the car in light and shadow, bright sunlight, on the ground, etc.

7. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    I think the OP is not looking for a business deal but rather a car that his wife appreciates. And I disagree about the "only " color choices that sells well. I'm in Southern California, the capital of exotic cars of all makes, and Ferrari of BH has no problem selling out of range colors with no compromise. I think it's a pretty color, buy it if your wife loves it, drive it and enjoy it. I've owned many Ferrari of different color spectrum and never once had to discount it when I sold them..
    Good luck

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thanks. I'm grateful for any thoughts, frank and otherwise. I hadn't thought about possible resale issues, to be honest. However, my wife and I tend to hold on to our cars for a long time, so resale is less of an issue to us. Part of me would like a bright color, because it is, after all a Ferrari. :) The other part would like something different, classic and if it makes the wife happy, that's win-win...T

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario

10. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    That is a great colour combo. Looks exactly like a drop top GT should, and that's what the Cali is. That combo is very elegant and classy - would have been perfect without shields. If the price is right and you like it, go get it.

Some think a Ferrari can be nothing but Rosso Corsa, but frankly that colour makes the Cali look bloated and it's overdone.

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

16. Tides

Tides Karting

Sep 5, 2015

I have a 10 Cali in avorio with chocolate/crema interior - very classy looking - lot of nice comments. This car at Millers has been for sale a long time and the price is high. - bottom line it's a great color and shows the Cali lines up well - I think price needs to be south of $140k

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    #17 tomc, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016

Thanks. Are there pics of your Cali on F-chat?
    T

Edit - scratch that. I remember that you posted delivery pictures of your Cali. Gorgeous car!