Start Stop Failure Warning Light | FerrariChat

Start Stop Failure Warning Light

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Wallsttrader, May 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wallsttrader

Wallsttrader Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I just picked up my 11 Cali this past weekend. It has the start stop feature, I read the manual and saw that i can deactivate it, i did that then today when i started the car i got a start stop failure light on the display.

What should i do will this resolve it self or should i call dealer

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have been driving my 2013 stop/start Cali30 the last 3 years and it has never activated the failure light although my car did periodically deactivate the stop/start feature on its own. That problem turned out to have been caused by a bad electrical connection to a module located inside my steering wheel and was fixed when it was replaced.

You didn't say if your deactivation attempt worked in spite of the failure light. I assume it didn't and stop/start is still working. I would suggest you try to drive the car in a normal manner. Monitor the stop/start function to see if it is working. See if the light clears on its own and try the deactivation button on the overhead panel if the stop/start feature is active. If you still get the failure light I would contact the dealer.

By the way, I purposely configured my car with the feature and I like it. You can actually modulate the stop/start action by lifting off the brake pedal at the last fraction of a second before you bring the car to a stop, this simulates braking in stop-and-go traffic and stop/start is designed not to interrupt the engine in such driving. It's not hard to control stop/start with braking once you get used to the brakes, which are easy to modulate.

You can restart the engine at any point by pulling on a shift paddle or lift your foot off the brake pedal. I do this when I want to prepare to take off from a stop, for whatever reason. :)

3. Wallsttrader

Wallsttrader Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you for advise i will post a follow up

4. Wallsttrader

Wallsttrader Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    started the car today and the light didnt come on so i guess it solved it self

5. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Periodic idiot lights in these cars are normal. If it comes back with any regularity though then there is a problem that needs fixing. You will once in a while get a ton of warnings that simply shutting down, opening a door to reset the computers, and restarting fixes. I have had a few (3 Cali's and 2 FF's and counting) where I've had to disconnect the battery to reset something that shutting down wouldn't fix. As complex as these cars are though I've had very little trouble with around 100,000 miles total in the cars.