XPEL Clean and Seal | FerrariChat

XPEL Clean and Seal

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by good2go, May 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
  2. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #2 JasTex, May 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sounds like you will need one more visit to a good detailer, to clean the coating properly and then you can seal the protective wrap. On my CaliT I had Suntek PPF installed (full car as well) and then had 22Ple ZX La Revoluzione coating on top of the wrap and 22Ple High Performance Coating (HPC) on the wheels and calipers.

Carpets, leather and glass are taken care of by my local car wash guys who use ph neutral cleaner for leather and other surfaces. Carpets (mats) are steam cleaned. Glass....I have no idea what they use. With the PPF and coating I have no concerns going to my local car wash place.

Definitely recommend sealing the PPF. A couple of pics below of my CaliT at the detailer after paint correctection done, PPF installed and the 22Ple added.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #3 JasTex, May 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Looks awesome.

Jason, can you give some details on the wrap? Did the car have any visible seams? Can you see the edges of the film on the car if you look closely -- windshield pillars, front scoops, etc?

Can you share what the job cost?

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I had XPEL put very recently in certain parts of my Cali which is a nero non metallic. After some rainy days I washed the car for the first time this week after and afterwards tried on the wrapped areas. of your USA products called "Chemical Guys speed wipe quick detailer".
    Couldn't believe the results it removes any washing imperfection and has a fabulous shinning,is very easy to apply and use to the point that I'm considering to try it on the non wrapped paint as a in between washes detailer just to remove the very light dust and improve shinning.
    The using of spray detailers in between washes is against my detailer recommendation but I've read so many reviews from users of this product and everyone loves it confirming that when it is applied on a car with light dust using a good clean microfiber towel and using the correct movement technique, is totally safe and doesn't introduce any swirls or micro scratches whatsoever.

6. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Suntek and Expel are both good products. I had Expel on my Granturismo and was gorgeous. My detailer showed me the Suntek product on a car and the shine along with the feel of the product seemed more glossy (to me).

I've looked real close and can't find any real visible lines except a tiny (but equal) gap around the shields on the fenders, a line underneath the mirrors, and where the product was folded under the hood and trunk which you can't see when closed anyway. If you are more than 2 feet from the shields the line is invisible. If you had you're head right next to them and wasn't looking for the gap you would not notice it. I really do believe the results are based on experience and dedication of the person installing the wrap.

I think I got a good deal on the wrap....was just over $4K for every bit of paint on the car to be covered, the lights and even the radar detector sensor in the grill, and the cameras. I may have received a discount as I've used the same company for all my cars.

The 22Ple coating (with the paint correction) including wheels and calipers was about $1,200.

Hope this helps.

7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Thanks, Jason. Who is your detailer?

When they did the install on my car up near Boston they put numerous seams in the film -- trunk edge, taillights, roof panel. Very important to get a good installer. XPEL has not been helpful answering questions so would like to talk to someone who really knows how to apply it, especially to a California.

8. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason

Message sent....