Battery on California T | FerrariChat

Battery on California T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by good2go, May 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Where is the battery on a California T? I want to install a CTEK Battery Charger.

Really would like to get a round adapter that attaches under the trunk lid (just above license plate). This would be the fastest and easiest to connect after use, but I can't find the adapter anywhere.

The manual does not cover any type of maintenance, like info on battery.

2. tcung11

tcung11 Rookie

Feb 27, 2021
    Corona Del Mar
    Full Name:
    Thanh Cung
    I think the other way is to just connect a charging wire directly to the battery terminals (via any bolts on the terminals) and run it to the front of the hood right next to the opening lever (in front & center under the hood) . Tug it under the rubber seal so that you can easily pull it out when hood barely open. Make a quick electrical connector to plug/unplug the charging wire from the CTECK.

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
  4. Michael Zurich

Aug 21, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael A Zurich
    I saw that you responded to a question about someone F CA. Do you own one? If so can I ask a few questions about maintenance as I would like to purchase one its the future. Thanks,

5. tcung11

tcung11 Rookie

Feb 27, 2021
    Corona Del Mar
    Full Name:
    Thanh Cung
    #5 tcung11, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Permanently connect the electrical wires to the battery terminals using eyelet connectors ( screw onto any bolts with a nut on terminal) instead of using alligator clips. On the other end of the wire, solder a keyed electrical connector like an EC3 or XT30 for quick connection to the CTEk charge cable ( need to solder on similar connectors EC3 or XT3 on CTECK output charge wire)
    This way you don't have to remove battery cover and connect alligator clips every time you charge car.
    I experimented with this setup because the round charge plug on my Cal T doesn't work so I had to figure out a work around and this works very well, you just have to pop the hood open to charge. If you place the connector right in the front center tugged under the weather-proof rubber seal under the hood then you don't have to open the hood all the way up to connect the charge wire.
    https://www.amazon.com/Finware-Upgrade-Female-Connectors-Battery/dp/B074S7NH3H/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=XT30&qid=1615416644&sr=8-4
    https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Products-Battery-Connector/dp/B074TSCZDJ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=EC3+connector&qid=1615416753&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFJUjFVWU9SVk5VUjQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwMjQyNjczRUdEMjM0UlhST01VJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNTY5NTAzMUozRFRLUEtQUlM3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

6. tcung11

tcung11 Rookie

Feb 27, 2021
    Corona Del Mar
    Full Name:
    Thanh Cung
    I just bought a 2015 Cal T only a few days ago so I'm very green to FCA :)-

7. Michael Zurich

Aug 21, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael A Zurich
    Would you mind if I gave you my contact info to talk to you.

8. tcung11

tcung11 Rookie

Feb 27, 2021
    Corona Del Mar
    Full Name:
    Thanh Cung
    Not at all. You can call me 714507885zero