Our First Prancing Pony | FerrariChat

Our First Prancing Pony

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by tomc, May 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    #1 tomc, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dear All...After much cogitating, worrying, learning, the dream is now a reality. It's not every day that one is fortunate enough to check off a bucket list item. However, with the purchase of our first Ferrari, my wife & I have done just that. In the end, we decided on an avorio/cioccolato Cali. We gave it a quick spin on Wednesday when it arrived and plan to drive it more tomorrow. Some pictures we downloaded from the Miller site; their photos are much better than anything I can do on my phone.

I wanted to publicly thank everyone in the F-chat family. In no way could my wife & I have made anything approximating a rational decision without all that we learned on this site. I must also thank Steve Daley @ Miller Motorcars for his patience in dealing with us first-time Ferrari buyers, and also Steve Fordham @ Boardwalk Ferrari for his help in arranging the care and transport of our car.

I have no idea how this Ferrari adventure will turn out, but I’m looking forward to it. Thanks again everyone; hope to see you out there on the roads...T
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I like the interior color combination with diamond stitching. Hope to see you on the road around DFW. Enjoy, and healthy driving.

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom, congratulations I'm absolutely sure that your Cali will give you and your wife many moments of satisfaction because is such a great car and an icon. I've had mine for several months already and last weekend drove with my wife with the roof top open through small country roads and what a pleasure to hear the capristo exhaust roaring as we smell the grass and the flowers in the fields. Now you and your wife have to get used to people staring at you and asking to take pictures but I guess that's not bad and it's part of owning a Ferrari.

Beach Boy likes this.
  4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thank you, Mario. And, thank your wife for her positive vote. With two wonderful ladies voting for avorio, there's no way I could lose. :) It looks better in person than in the photos.
    T

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thank you, Jason. I can't decide if I love the interior color more than the exterior color. Not a bad problem to have. I hope to see you around DFW in your Cali...T

6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Awesome!! Congratulations!

7. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    That's a very classy color combo for that car!

Hawkeye likes this.
  8. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    Beautiful car! Drive it and keep the grin on your face

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thanks, Dom. Congrats to you on the one year anniversary of your 997.

Agreed. I thank my wife. Mario's wife too, for seconding it.

That will not be a problem. :)

T

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #10 MDEL, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tom, you remember when you asked an opinion about the avorio/cioccolato combination that I wrote by impulse that I didn't like avorio but my wife did ? Well the car you see in the picture below is an Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce 1.5 from 1983 and it's an exact replica of my first car. Believe it or not the color is avorio and the interior a brown fabric cioccolato alike.
    In my country we have an expression that says "Do like I say but don't do like I do"............
    Couldn't be more true............................

Beach Boy likes this.
  11. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Car looks awesome. Enjoy.

Iriedon40 likes this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I do indeed recall. :) We have a similar expression here in the States. Thanks again, Mario...T

13. Tides

Tides Karting

Sep 5, 2015
    Congrats. - that car needed a good home - Interrested to know final price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Congrats!! Well worth the effort. Love the color combo

15. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    congrats on the cali, that brown interior is the money. have same but bianco avus ,black/with diamond stitching. enjoy in good health. I just got mine last week , and it is a very satisfying car to drive.

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Saw yours. It's lovely. The diamond stitching was the cherry on the sundae. To me, it just looks so classy. Thanks for the kind words...T

17. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    A wonderful chocolate creme.

18. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    It's funny because I never stop in this section but the threat title caught my eye as I was scrolling by. Then I noticed the poster. Congrats Tom!! It looks like a great car. Enjoy it in great health!!!

Oh and by the way don't ever refer to it as a prancing pony again. It's prancing Stallion dude. ;)

omdehoek likes this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thank you!

Sorry, Jdubbya, I was being alliterative! ;)

T

20. aviator88

aviator88 Karting

May 13, 2015
    Johannesburg
    A classic and elegant choice. The diamond stitching completes the look. Congratulations and well done.

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thank you! Just took it out for about 200 km worth of exercise on the back roads of Texas with my wife. Shared a burger & chocolate shake at an old fashioned drive-in in Anna, Texas. Took it slow, kept the Cali in Comfort & Auto while getting used to the new car. Although about a mile into our drive, the wife looked at me, and said, "You're gonna have to breathe, or you'll pass out!" 😃 Thumbs up from several people. The sound of that engine - Oh my! Great day!
    [​IMG]
    Cali with its little sister.
    [​IMG]
    Parked.
    [​IMG].
    Lunch spot.
    T

22. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Congratulations! It looks amazing . I Love the diamond stitching. The Cali is a great combination of style, comfort and that great Ferrari driving experience . I'll be adding one to our family very soon as well. Enjoy it to the fullest!

23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom, How lovely it is to see that you and your wife are enjoying so much your new Cali baby.
    200 Km on back roads is at least a couple of hours but the Cali is such a pleasure to drive and time passes really fast when you have this exhaust sound on your back. I also drove mine today with my wife and we also had many thumbs up and photos from foreign tourists, I'm sure they must have confused us with the kardashians..........

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thank you. It certainly was an event. A couple of times we looked at each other and said "Holy carp, we own a Ferrari!" 😃
    I look forward to seeing pics when you add a Cali to your stable...T

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

LOL. I really doubt they confused you with the Kardashian family. Given your wife's impeccable taste in Cali color combinations, I bet a good bit of money that she is much classier than any of that rabble. 😉
    T