Help my right leg is asleep !! | FerrariChat

Help my right leg is asleep !!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by James cln, May 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Well I am crazy about my new to me Cali T and have put over 6,000 miles on her since Christmas but I have a terrible problem! My right leg falls asleep almost every time I go on an outing. I have all the extra seat ajustments and have changed settings all different ways to no avail. I have never had this trouble with any other vehicle - help! Has anyone else had this experience or have a suggestion on how to resolve the problem?? Thank you in advance for any help.

2. AZCALI

AZCALI Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    Do you keep your wallet in your right rear pocket? If so, remove it while driving the car and see if that resolves your problem.

3. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Warning:Amateur advice. That said, if I cant my leg just so, it happens to me on longer drives. Some pressure point may be affecting circulation. I had to put a small rolled up washcloth under my leg so that it would hit the seat at a different angle. Good luck with the voodoo home fixes that everyone (including me) will tell you about.

4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Do the side bolsters or other parts of the seat pinch you in any way? The side bolsters did on my '11 Cali. But only on the driver's side. I had a top notch upholstery shop shave the side bolsters a bit and add padding to the seat bottom, then stitch it all back together. Looks completely stock, but the pinching was gone.

5. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Nope no pinching,don't carry wallet in either back pocket - I did try putting a folded over hand towel on right side and that seemed to help. Tks

6. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Your sciatic nerve exits through a relative space created by the shape of the bones and the muscles that attach in the area, called your posterior pelvic outlet. Not uncommon to compress the nerve when sitting in something that puts pressure in this area. I'd probably go see your physician and then a competent physical therapist to fully diagnose your issue prior to having someone reshape the bolster in your car. If its found to be a simple muscle issue and not something more complicated with your back it can often be resolved with some targeted stretching. Good Luck.

7. maser15

maser15 Rookie

Mar 22, 2010
    Have the same problem on long drives in a 458. I put it down to the pedal elevation height ...? once I got such bad cramp I couldn't speed up or slow down ... LOL

8. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    This.

9. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason

Agree with 'this'. I fly about 200K miles a year since about 2004. Got back from a trip about 6 years ago, leg was numb and had a hot needle sensation in the side of my thigh. I thought I had a DVT. Turned out to be a nerve compression issue. Good stretching after each flight and I'm good. If I don't stretch, sure enough the weird sensation comes back.