Car Cover | FerrariChat

Car Cover

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by JasTex, May 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #1 JasTex, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    So last weekend I was heading out of town for a few days. I hadn't tried the car cover yet and figured, let's put it on so the car would be nice and clean just as she is now, when I get back. I asked my wife if she'd help. I took the cover out of the bag. It was folded length ways so I laid it out along the car as a narrow strip with the larger Cavallino logo at the front.

While I'm doing this my wife is making sarcastic remarks about my needing to put the cover on when it's parked in a garage, and other comments like "holy **** the colors bright" etc. She obviously wasn't enjoying the experience as much as me. While this is going on I'm kind of smiling away to myself admiring the quality of the soft material inside the cover.

Anyway, I got the front passenger corner over the bumper, then the driver side. My wife is stood just in front of the windshield on the drivers side ensuring the cover doesn't slide off the car. As I'm doing this, the cover started to unfurl from being a narrow strip to being the width of the car. All of a sudden she starts laughing hysterically "oh my god, it even comes with a pair of socks". I told her that as she pulls the cover back "to put one of the socks over the mirror" and gave her a wry smile. She went quiet.

Any of you guys have partners that sometimes just don't get the affection we show our cars? :)

2. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    LOL.

Is this the cover that comes with the car?

I have seen seat covers, and steering wheel covers as well. Might let your wife know your seats need a jacket, and the steering wheel needs a hat.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's pretty funny, Jason. I'm lucky. Wife is into it. After our second drive, she giggled like a school girl when I gunned it every time we went under an underpass on the Dallas North Tollway. She's itching to try the tunnel under Addison Airport next! :)
    T

4. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yes, the one that came with the car. I'll mention the seat jackets, and steering wheel hat to her.....will let you know what she says :)

5. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The airport tunnel is awesome !!!

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario

Jason,

I believe women and men relationship with motor vehicles is completely opposite and has no possible conciliation. We love them, like to take very good care of them and get very upset when something happens to them. They love to use them, don't take any care of them and couldn't care less when something happens to them.

My wife is the perfect stereotype of the feminine profile I've just mentioned. She loves to ride with me in our Cali but when she sees me doing some basic tasks she always says - Why are you covering the car you are going to use it again next weekend? Why do you wash the car every week it will get dirty again ? Darling are you insane this is just a car.

I reckon the reason why men and women complete each other so well is because they are so bloody different. Thank god it's that way otherwise it would be a complete monotony.

7. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Mario, you just profiled my wife LOL. She drives a BMW 750, she loves it...but thinks the gas station fairy sneaks over to the house and fills it up with gas each week. I ask her when the next service is due and it's like I suddenly started speaking Klingon to her LOL.

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jason, apart from both of us having Calis we've suddenly discovered that we have something else in common..LOL