TFT Display Bright White | FerrariChat

TFT Display Bright White

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bigblock66, May 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigblock66

bigblock66 Rookie

Feb 6, 2016
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sorry if I am repeating an already answered question but I could not find a thread....The TFT display on my 2016 Cali T has gone bright white, displaying no information. I've disconnected the negative battery terminal (for 3 hours) and on reconnecting I see no change. Any owner-manageable fixes or am I headed to the dealer?

2. bigblock66

bigblock66 Rookie

Feb 6, 2016
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The latest from the dealer....Ferrari North America says the fix is to remove the entire instrument cluster and send it to Italy to be repaired. To me, a ridiculous solution. One screen goes bad and we dismantle the entire dash and have to send an electronic component across the ocean for repair? The dealer feels the same way and is working on a better solution, meanwhile the car sits in their bay and not my garage.

3. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami

Wow...that's absolutely absurd. Sorry that you have to deal with that at this time of year.
    What dealer ? Miller, I assume ?

4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Sorry to hear ... looking at the parts diagram on Ricambi it appears that the the tach, TFT and speedo are one single unit. One would think they would just order a new one for you since the car is under warranty.

I wonder if it has to be encoded for mileage somehow at the factory.

PASSENGER COMPARTMENT DEVICES - Ricambi America, Inc.

5. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    The cluster is one big piece. I have an almost new cluster but its in kilometers instead of miles. It's a sealed unit.

6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I would be surprised if Ferrari actually repairs it themselves. I'm sure that they will send it back to the OEM part supplier who might refurbish or more likely trash it.

Did your dealer coordinate things with the factory so that they were able to order and replace the part in one short visit?

Usually a picture of the faulty part is enough for the factory to work with.

7. bigblock66

bigblock66 Rookie

Feb 6, 2016
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, the dealer is Miller and their service team has been great to work with. Ferrari NA has found the part in the US and is shipping it to Miller for installation. Car should be back to me early next week. Fingers crossed.