Boot/Trunk space | FerrariChat

Boot/Trunk space

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by 6t7, May 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6t7

6t7 Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    Oz
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Hi Guys
    I've never posted in this section before.
    Tomorrow I have a California T on loan for the day from my local dealer. They have a programme wherebye potential clients are given the oppurtunity to spend some real time behind the wheel. My wife will ride shotgun and not a salesman in site!
    Very happy to be selected is an understatement of epic proportions.
    Anyhoo my querie is tomorrow we'll go down the coast and stop buy a friends place, who is a new parent, to deliver a porta cott to him. Will it fit in the trunk/boot of the car?
    Rough dimensions are 30x11x11 inches.
    Looks to me about the size of a kids golf bag. Surely a Cali is designed just for this type of cargo.
    May seem like a silly question but my friend had an F430 and you'd struggle to fit an esky in his front storage area.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I'm guessing here, but I think your item should fit. You may have to move the luggage compartment lid, so that the convertible top can't be used. Below is a pic of all the goodies they crammed into my '11 Cali, assuming the boot is roughly the same size as the newer Cali T. Have a great and fun drive in the T!
    [​IMG]
    T

3. 6t7

6t7 Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    Oz
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thanks for prompt reply tomc.
    I'm sure the roof will be staying up tomorrow with the weather. I think, after seeing your boot packing I'll have no problem.
    Bye the way your colour combination is so beautiful. I love it when people think other than 'Resale Red'.Makes me think of Nostalgic colours, very classy. Gonna be a lot of envious people seeing you cruising in Dallas

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Thank you! My wife and I tend to get attached to our cars, and keep them for a very long time, so resale does not figure in our calculus. Hence, we get what makes us happy, not the next potential owner.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on your Cali T test drive. Take lots of pics...T

5. 6t7

6t7 Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    Oz
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Totally agree with you, re-sale means nothing when you're enjoying your car, your life and your company of your passenger. My dream Ferrari today (changes weekly) would be 430 Scud in Grigio Medio. Red is always nice but theres so many other nice and more unique ways to express yourself with colours like TDF, Bianco, Nero etc
    One of the guys on here has a tag line that is something like 'Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she's more appealing to her next boyfriend'

chip1law likes this.
  6. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    If it does not fit in trunk it will easily fit behind the seats. Also Most California T have a pass through trunk. Which again will easily hold the cargo.

No issues.

7. JasTex

JasTex Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    DFW Area
    Full Name:
    Jason

Now that's efficient packing, right there.... :)

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

LOL. Indeed. That's how you know I didn't do it. Car came with full luggage set. But, it had to go, otherwise no top down!
    T

9. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #9 GNALUZU, May 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #10 MDEL, May 23, 2016
    I've used the Cali suitcase in the picture several times for trips I made with my wife and it has many compartments and plenty of space for packing clothes, shoes, etc. It fits to perfection in the boot in the space under the the movable top support even when it is fully extended.
    This way you can open your top and forget about the luggage and walk in style when you arrive at the destination.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Adam... Very cool. Is there some sort of button on the rear seats to press to allow them to fold down?
    T

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ I fear telling my wife about this feature before our first trip in the Cali. 😁 😀

From page 177 of the owner's manual.

[​IMG]

T

13. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #13 vjd3, May 23, 2016
    I always thought the "roadsterbag" set looked nice for the California, really maximizes the available space. One for the top shelf in the trunk, two that fit under the the roof hatch, two small ones for the back seats and two larger fitted bags for the rear parcel shelf, if it folds down in your car.

Cabria Koffer für Ihren Ferrari California | Ferrari | Cabria Leder Koffer | Cabria - Cabrio Koffer nach Maß -

14. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #14 vjd3, May 23, 2016
    bradyorlando456MGTA likes this.
  15. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    #15 photonut, May 24, 2016
  16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #16 MDEL, May 24, 2016

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Haha!

Oh dear.

18. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    There are latches to release the rear seat. They are in the trunk.

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Cool. Thanks. I will look for that next time I drive her...T

20. doctennis1

doctennis1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2016
    Where are these latches to fold down seats in rear of 2016 Cali T to access pass through?

21. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    I wonder if you pushed your golf bag as far forward as you could, can you put a folded up push cart in the trunk? If not the push cart could probably go on it's side in the back seat I'm thinking.

22. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I like this thread, considering ordering a Cali T and am interested in how much luggage can be taken on tour. Does anybody have a picture of the factory luggage and how it fits in the car ?

23. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I guess it is possible, but pushing the clubs further forward will move them onto the center console, which could be a bit annoying while you drive.

24. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    I saw a photo of a carry bag in the trunk which has a much smaller diameter that a push cart bag. Do you know if the larger cart bags will fit under the top protector as well?

thanks

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Not a T, but a 2011. This is from the good folks at Miller before they shipped it down to Texas. Someone can correct me, but you can't put the top down in this configuration because of the luggage compartment lid being moved to allow for extra storage in the boot.

[​IMG]

T