Newbie questions on my 2010 Cali | FerrariChat

Newbie questions on my 2010 Cali

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Dixonator810, Jun 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dixonator810

Dixonator810 Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    KC
    #1 Dixonator810, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just bought my first California and I'm getting acquainted with it. I have heard they have a battery tender port in the trunk but for some reason, I can't find it. Anyone able to assist on where to look? I have been all through out the trunk.

Also, anyone know why I would have a switch and a dial under the driver side dash? See the attached pic. I found it looking for the tender port ;). I appreciate the support in advance.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #2 MDEL, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a Cali from the same year. Picture one there is the tender which is kept inside the red bag and normally stored in the trunk.
    Picture two is a view of the trunk and the arrow points to the little kind of flap door where is hidden the female plug where you connect the male plug of the tender. This little door as a lock which you open rotating using a coin or screw driver. On mine when I'm not driving the tender is always plugged and that way the battery is always fully charged and the probability of appearing electrical or electronic issues is much lower.

Mine hasn't the switch shown in your picture so it doesn't look to be standard and better ask the seller what's it for.

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The switch and knob is likely the on/off switch and volume control for a K40 radar detector, which may or may not still be in the car.

4. Dixonator810

Dixonator810 Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    KC
    Thank you Mdel

5. Dixonator810

Dixonator810 Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    KC
    That's kind of what I thought but I haven't seen anything with regard to a display. Thank you!

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    The K40 usually just has a pair of LEDs installed somewhere, if that's what it is. Might have a remote control. It's not a terribly well regarded system, or at least it was not in the past. Might be better now. Often installed at the dealership. I've ripped a few of those out by the roots in various Porsches over the years. See if there are any extra "lenses" in the front grill and back by the rear license plate, that would indicate it had laser jammers. The radar antennas are black boxes. Probably a speaker somewhere too. It probably beeps at you and the LEDs should flash on startup, if it's still intact.

You can see some of the pieces visible on a California in the second post down ... this is a "hall of shame" site showing botched installs.

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?pg=carGallery&mode=displayVehicle&VID=3808#!prettyPhoto

7. Dixonator810

Dixonator810 Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    KC
    Thanks VJD. I haven't found any sensors yet