Free 2010 California door and rear speakers | FerrariChat

Free 2010 California door and rear speakers

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by sentrazac, Jun 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sentrazac

sentrazac Rookie

May 21, 2016
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Zac
    Tried to post in classifieds but apparently I'm too new to post there or something. I replaced all the speakers in my 2010 California and before throwing away the factory speakers, wanted to see if anybody wants them. You can pick up in Murrieta, CA 92562 or pay actual shipping. Have the 6.5" separates from the door and then the 2 pairs of 3" from each side in the back. Post here or PM me if you want any/all.

2. Wallsttrader

Wallsttrader Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    what did you get for replacement speakers? How do they sound? would you mind sharing some details, did you replace the radio or kept factory? .. i am struggling with what to do ...

3. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    I replaced my speakers with Hertz Mille. The stock speakers in 90% of all cars these days are pretty cheap. You can go pretty deep into your wallet to upgrade sound. There is a trade off if your top is down a lot. Internal db on my 2016 is about 54 at idle and 62ish while running, so I think you can hear the difference above the interior noise. Marty Barry at CME in San Rafael Ca has done work on my 599, SLS, and a number of others and is a Master Craftsman plus an Audio Whiz.

4. sentrazac

sentrazac Rookie

May 21, 2016
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Zac
    I with with some Memphis Audio brand, same size in doors and back along with an amp and a custom box. Wanted to do 1 10" but the woofer was just a bit tall to fit under the convertible top area so went with 2 8" instead. Very happy with the sound now. I did keep the factory deck for the time being as I wanted to keep the original look. Now I can actually heard my radio with the top down on the highway. The stock stereo is among the worst I've ever heard. The sound in my BMW 5 series and the Porsche that I sold in favor of the Cali are 10x better than what the Cali had stock.

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Did your Cali come with the base system or the factory "upgrade"?

6. sentrazac

sentrazac Rookie

May 21, 2016
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Zac
    I honestly don't know, but I have to assume it was the base system because if it was the upgrade I can't even imagine how bad the base would have been. Seriously worst stereo in any car I've ever purchased. Just about every rental car I've ever gotten has a better stereo than what this car had.

7. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    The best stereo advice I have ever gotten for Ferraris is to buy the cheapest stock system and then use the money saved to upgrade it yourself.

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Good advice. In 7 weeks of ownership, I've never even turned on the radio. Ditto for the nav. 😀
    T