French Riviera and the California T | FerrariChat

French Riviera and the California T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by F40-R, Jul 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    #1 F40-R, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #2 4th_gear, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Congratulations on your lovely driving companion but sadly, (ugh), the same cannot be said for the livery on your ride... too "fashion handbag look" for my taste but I trust it's a high-end rental from the hotel so at least you haven't wasted any money on a misguided paintjob. I shudder to imagine more Ferraris painted to match women's outfits. :eek:

FWIW, I think a Ferrari should never be entirely comfortable waffling around town. It needs to feel and look at least a bit nervous and slightly out of place. Otherwise, one may as well be in a Bentley convertible which would do a far better job on the boulevards. The California T is not gaining any reputation as a driver's car from performing this sort of duty.

Otherwise the scenery is lovely. You're very fortunate to be vacationing there driving a Ferrari so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your trip to the French Riviera! ;)

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Love the black roof with the red car. Great scenery...T

4. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Cheers guys... Beautiful place to be and I enjoy sharing the experience whilst on my way to our Ferrari Mecca to view my new car on the production line.

5. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I thought I loved everything about the Cali T... but the turbo sound just does not impress.
    I did enjoy re-visiting the Southern France coastline!

6. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Tell us how you really feel.

I'm sick of people making comments of what sounds better. I own a California T. It sounds great. I also drive my car.

It appears you have a F430? I'm my opinion, the technology is too old. Not sure what F430 you have but using this web site. None of them beat the California T.

Ferrari 0-60 Times & Ferrari Quarter Mile Times | Ferrari LaFerrari, 458, F355, 360, 550 & more 0 to 60 stats!

So maybe I have trouble hearing yours because its behind me.

I'm saying all this as a joke. I personally like many Ferrari's. They are not the same cars.

I could have easily purchase a F430, 2 of them for the cost of a California T.

I have come to the conclusion that all people that can afford a Ferrari are expert drivers as well. It's an strange correlation that people with money are also expert drivers.

I love driving my Ferrari. It does not stay parked. It's performance is through the roof. It's sounds perfect.

I also love the sound of Aston Martin, Maserati, Porsche and many Ferrari's.

I think the Ferrari owners that don't like the California should stay out of the California discussion group. I'm just sick of hearing peoples negative opinion of a California. It's ok to like a new Ferrari, it's ok to like an old Ferrari. One does not need to be better or worse.

7. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

8. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Speaking of "tell us how you really feel" maybe you should re-read what I said IMHO.
    "I thought I loved everything about the Cali T... but the turbo sound just does not impress".

I Did not compare it to the cost, speed, sound of my F430? (two very different animals) I Did not invade the California thread to bring you down, I am currently looking to add a Cali to my garage. Sound is a big part of the Ferrari experience.
    If you like it that is all that truly matters!
    Peace and Enjoy the ride!

9. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    +1

10. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Sorry, your post does not state "IMHO". I'm tired of people cutting down other peoples cars.

You state as if its a fact: "but the turbo sound does not impress". It impresses me. I love the sound.

You did it again in your reply: "Sound is a big part of the Ferrari experience" Again you state as a fact.

Maybe to some people speed and acceleration is a big part, maybe to some people open air GT is a perfect car. Or four seat car, or paddle shifting over gearbox...

I don't mean to be a jerk, but its getting old hearing people say the same canned answer. It's getting old hearing people cut down other peoples car.

We all learned in kindergarten: if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

I pointed out cost to make the point that people make a conscious decision when buying a California T. They can afford many other cars, but choose the California T. They must like the sound of the Turbo. I point out speed, to make the point that people like different features of the car.

I'm sorry for being such a jerk on this subject. Please except my apology.

I'll shut up now.