California Dreaming | FerrariChat

California Dreaming

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by BillyD, Jul 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 BillyD, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello fellow California owners.
    I've had my 2010 Azzuro California California about a week now and am loving every minute of it.
    A couple of questions:

What's the lug bolt size? Looks like I'll need a thin wall socket for the custom wheels,

Ill need some sort of full coverage floor mat or liner for the Crema Alcantara carpeting, any ideas?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Awesome looking. Enjoy driving it.

3. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Congrats! Looks great!

4. JoshH

JoshH Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Joshua Hill
    A lot of the lug bolts for custom wheels on these cars use a 17mm hex head.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  6. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #6 BillyD, Jul 11, 2016
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Gorgeous color combo. My Porsche has an all beige interior, and so to break up the beige, and help combat "grubby looking floor mat" syndrome, I ordered some cocoa floor mats. So, maybe darker blue custom floor mats to compliment the piping on your seats and your California's exterior car color?
    T

8. 430maybe

430maybe Karting

Oct 12, 2012
    Northern England
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    Love the colour. Mine's a sedate black/black. But that's beautiful.

9. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #9 BillyD, Jul 12, 2016
    Thanks everyone for color compliments. I waited almost 18 months to find what I think is the right car. Washed it for the first time today and discovered the wheel emblems always stay up right, no dizzy cavallinos here! 😁

10. Pizza.Scott

Pizza.Scott Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2016
    Fullerton CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Azurro is one of my favorite colors. That is what I really wanted, but settled for my grigio alloy (my second favorite color )

Great looking car !

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Whaaaat?!? 😳

Holy carp, is non-dizzy cavallinos an option? I gotta go through all the pics of the Cali that the wife and I have taken, and see if my wheel cavallinos are in the same pose! 😀
    T

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #12 MDEL, Jul 13, 2016
    Congratulations a magnificent Azurro Cali and I nearly bought one exactly the same color but,in the end, I choose the Nero non metallic which I like also very much. This blue as been in my mind and imagination since I was very young and always reminds me of the Renault Alpine rally car (picture below) which was my idol car for a very, very long time. I find this Alpine in blue one of the most sexy cars of all times and I never forget when I was very young in 1971 and stood next to it and the driver Jean-Pierre Nicolas during the TAP rally. Just a curiosity, the blue Cali I mentioned before that I didn't buy has a low mileage, is in impeccable condition and as been for sale for more than 15 months and wasn't sold yet and, apparently, the reason for that is the color. In Europe this Azurro blue falls outside the stereotype colors that most buyers seek.

I'm delighted with your Cali's wheels and looking at the picture they look like the ones i have on my Cali but when you mentioned that the emblems stay always up-right, which doesn't happen on mine, I think I can spot some differences. Are they some kind of special wheels or are Ferrari's catalogue?

Enjoy every bit of this beautiful and sexy Cali……….

13. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks, I was looking for a Grigio Alloy, there was a very low mileage one available in SoCal a month ago but it was over my budget, yours? BEAUTIFUL!

14. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill

15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #15 MDEL, Jul 13, 2016
    After looking for a while at your wheel's picture and comparing them with the photo below of my Cali's wheel which are Ferrari extra, no doubt they are after market. For my taste they're the Cali's most beautiful wheels I've seen so far and if you find where they came from please let me know because I'm curious. Your Cali has black calipers like mine which is not so common but is rather discreet. The 308GTB in blue/blue must be something iconic for sure and I get the impression that the 1977 Ferrar blue/blue, a bit like the 1971 Alpine blue, have such a sexy appeal that they are intemporal.

All the best

16. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
  17. Pizza.Scott

Pizza.Scott Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2016
    Fullerton CA
    Full Name:
    Scott

If it was at mc claren Beverly Hills with 1800 miles , that is the one I just got