California and California T Sales Data | FerrariChat

California and California T Sales Data

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by BentleyC, Jul 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    I'm a new member, but I hope I can do something useful for the community.
    As I am shopping for my Cali, one thing that has helped me is knowing current sales data for the cars. Not just the prices asked, but the actual prices paid.

I thought it might be useful to start a database of sales info. That way, when other people are buying and selling, they will have a source of market info to guide them in their negotiations. Of course it would only be useful if people actually sent the info to me to compile. I guess time will tell.

If you are willing to have your anonymous sales data included in the database, you can PM or email the info to me. Please include

1. Date of Sale
    2. Is seller a Ferrari dealer, a non-Ferrari dealer or a private party
    3. Model and Year
    4. Exterior and interior color
    5. Options on car
    6. List price
    7. Final sales price
    8. VIN
    9. Any other info you feel is material to the transaction

Over time, if enough people participate, we can get a meaningful look at the market for these cars at any given time and see trends developing that will be useful for buyers and sellers alike. I think there is a large enough base of owners and potential owners on FChat to make the data meaningful. It would be my intention to make the analysis available to subscribed members.

I have no idea if people will actually send data, but if they did, I could see this becoming a useful tool for all. I'm going to start with the California line because its the most popular, but if it gets going, it could certainly be expanded to other Ferrari models.

2. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    OK.....the crickets have spoken.

3. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Hi Bentley,
    You clearly put some thought and time into your idea and I'm sorry it hasn't invited any replies so far. My guess is that people don't see any immediate benefit to it for themselves so they move on to something else. Don't give up!

4. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    I won't give up - this post is here and anyone who sees it can send me the data at any time Maybe if this gets going, the post can be stickied so that people researching their purchase can find it.

So far the database has two entries....mine (my purchase is pending a clean inspection) and another 2014 Cali that I have knowledge of. If anyone has purchased a pre-owned California or Cali T, feel free to shoot me the details and I'll add it to the database. The benefit to those who have already bought is that one day you will likely sell - and it will be nice to have current market data on selling prices.