Cali T HS video review | FerrariChat

Cali T HS video review

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Sandy Eggo, Jul 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    New YT channel with hardly any views. Nicely shot and edited vid of a Cali T HS though!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G00IDccAjiY[/ame]

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agreed definitely one that put me over the edge.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Giuseppe offered me a test drive in an HS Pack CaliT back in April.

IMO though, most journos don't actually own any of these cars and tend to rehash each others' sometime erroneous comments so it's best you do a few test drives to form a proper impression.

However, it was interesting that the journo was a middle-aged geezer like myself.

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Good point. I am waiting on my test, apparently will happen after the long weekend coming up.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #5 4th_gear, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    If it's anything like the HS Pack Cali30 vs the original Cali I think Ferrari will have done a proper refresh on the CaliT with the HS Pack CaliT.

It's unfortunate most journos don't seem to understand people who buy these cars new generally don't buy them because they are "entry level" models because they often cost as much as a new Huracan or a lightly used 458 Spider. People buy them because of the unique mix of driving pleasures and excitement they offer.

IMO, people who buy these cars because of money or brand status don't get the cars... like the journos. Please let us know what you think of the HS Pack CaliT when you test it. I'm very happy with my Cali30 so my next car will not likely be something that resembles it.

TIP: when you do your test drive, make sure you or your sales person can delve into the exciting features of the car. As an FF owner you probably know you have to know the car and drive it aggressive enough to bring out those features but it can be done over short distances within the commercial park within the Rowntree Dairy Road area. I always drive around and scout out the area at a quiet time of day for traffic, road conditions, speed traps in my car before I take out a test car to fling around. Otherwise, aside from the entry and exit ramps on the 407, the highway doesn't offer much of a test unless you risk losing your license.