Special Edition Cali | FerrariChat

Special Edition Cali

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by MME, Jul 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    #1 MME, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very nice! I emailed my SA about it - have heard nada :)

3. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Inspired by by 0355AL?? Interesting.. Was not liking this 70 special liveries of each line idea, but there might be some pretty cool homages...

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Is that black or dark green?

0355AL from Carsablanca.de
    [​IMG]

Think it'll have a red interior?

T

5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    So beautiful. I think it's dark green

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

6. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    #6 MME, Aug 1, 2016
    Here's a pic of interior
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Lots of threads about the 70 special editions of each model to celebrate 70 years of Ferrari - this is the first sighting of the California's details

8. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Here's a pic of interior

9. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very cool. I am liking this.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Nice. Black dash, sort of a burgundy red elsewhere?

If I might ask, how did you come across this info?
    T

11. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    #11 MME, Aug 2, 2016
  12. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Very nice, looks better than some other model's Special Editions, would love to see some better pics when they are available.

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Is that the car Wayne Obry was awarded 100pts? First Ferrari to do so at Pebble? I think I saw it in his small showroom, next to the office a few years ago. Got a chance to speak with him, class act.

14. gclemons

gclemons Rookie

Nov 12, 2015
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Talked to my dealer about this car. They are dreading getting it, and expect that FNA will force them to take more than one. Problem is it will have a $100k premium, and they expect that few will be willing to pay it.

15. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Well, I suppose good news for me is I'm not sufficiently "preferred" to qualify. Oh well, I'll just wait on my 488.

16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    100k for a paint job and a little different leather stitching sounds inaccurate.
    I don't think so. The Cali T doesn't have a long waiting list or perhaps just the usual 2-3 months it takes to build one.

17. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    The Cali T markup for mine was around fifty k. It's roughly a 300k car. I think the hundred k markups are probably on the more expensive 12 cylinder cars. At first blush, the fifty k seemed like a lot until you realize that every piece of the design is one of one based upon and designed after a significant historical Ferrari. The unique paint alone would normally be at least $12k. Completely custom retro style seating I'm sure would run north of that. Add in custom accent paint and a few other external design enhancements, and you soon understand why there is a premium.

I understand people complaining about a hype; however, this is a one of one car as will be the other 349. It is a limited edition Ferrari. While I have no illusions that this would become as valuable as my TdF or spec A, I feel it is a special, collectible car to enjoy and drive.

18. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    the "70th Special Edition"...come comments

1) the idea of a "pre-packaged" Tailor Made car, specific to a more historical Ferrari, is a cool idea and some/many will enjoy them and would find value in the increased pricing. Theoretically, it is "very limited edition" to the extent that's relevant on an underlying high volume Cali T.

2) I do think Ferrari is going a bit overboard with trying to have "many different special/limited edition" cars. Forgive the exaggeration, but this reminds me of the "Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car Edition". Seems like they want to be able to provide more clients with their own chance at a "Limited Edition".

3) This is a creative way for Ferrari to increase price per unit (more revenues, but still limit production volumes) AND to showcase the personalization processes that they have been pushing harder and harder in the market (Tailor Made, et al).

4)I've seen several images of GTC4, 488 and Cali versions. All are interesting, I'd imagine all are also specs that could otherwise have been ordered via Atelier and/or Tailor Made.

5) to the extent it matters to a potential buyer, there is probably some debate about whether this series of "LE" cars will have stronger market value (eg. Speciale Aperta, GTO, TDF) or somewhat less (599 Alonso Edition) in the future. Personally, I'd probably grab a GTO in about any color, unsure if we'd go for a GTC or Cali with a very specific point-in-time livery, but that doesn't mean I'm right.

19. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Some great points by Entropy. Why not just spec a Cali T for 100k more in your own tailor made spec? 50k paint and 50k seats:).

I think these are cool but you could exercise your imagination and have a truly 1 of 1. But at the same time these le editions would probably retain their values more over the long term.

20. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Tailor made one off's to commemorate Ferrari's 70th. Anniversary. Actually that's my T slated for delivery fall of 2017. I'm curious where you got the pictures from since it was my understanding each dealer got a different color combination based on a different older Ferrari and this particular one from the 375 America is supposed to be mine.

21. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I was told that the entire 350 car run sold out within 24 hrs. The reason why is more important than the actual purchase.