Buying a Ferrari California T | FerrariChat

Buying a Ferrari California T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ExoticCarLover, Aug 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExoticCarLover

Apr 1, 2015
    Im looking to purchase a Ferrari California t. And i have found a California that i really like it is listed for $209,000.

Exterior color: Grigio Ferro Metallic

Interior color: Cuoio

Mileage: 5,803

Just wanted to see if you guys think i can get it for a lower price it is located at my local Ferrari dealer. Are there any suggestions you guys have for negotiating with Ferrari?

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Good luck. When I tried my sales guy said I am not authorized to reduce the price. Is there anything else I can help you with?

So ask and see. But be prepared to be refuted.

In my experience instead of price reduction ask for something else - pilota corsa, extend the warranty additional years etc. Things which cost them less but value adds for you. Great color combo. Live the Vintage Grigio Ferro. May I ask where ? Picture ?

GOOD LUCK

Great color combo.

3. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    It never hurts to ask. Be prepared to walk if you think it is more than it is worth. There is no shortage of cali on the market. My guy told me no at first. I had flown 1800 miles to see him. I politely said thank you and got up, he did stop me at that point. When it was all over and said with he came down 10k on the price and threw in the skid plate and installation and the cost of trucking it to me and a two year full bumper to bumper extension for 6500 total. So I figured I came out about 15k ahead. I have had my 14 cali now for 6 months and could not be happier. Good luck with the hunt

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Buying a preowned Ferrari is like buying most any other used car. Know the market, and what others are asking for their cars and then make an offer. The worst they can do is say no, and you can always pay what they are asking. Good Luck

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Authorized? By whom? If that particular "salesman" is not "authorized", ask to talk to the manager of the dealership or someone else who can do more important things than bring you coffee. How can someone be a salesman and not be authorized to do negotiations.

Sure if we talk about cars like the 458 SA or the like, things are different. But the Cali is the most produced Ferrari and there's a ton of them out there.

I hate when salesmen do this. That's a surefire way of losing my business within seconds. It may be different it the States, but here in Europe, a seller not willing to negotiate can go take a hike.

6. Rockman1

Rockman1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    A few thoughts. Your best bet is to do a study of the market. Go to Autotrader. Put a spreadsheet together with year, miles, options etc and determine what range of adjusted prices is for that car. Then find out if there is better alternative optioned the way you like. It's actually pretty fun, you will learn things (like how customized these cars are), and you might even find something you like better.

Second, there is always room in the price. Might be $100. Might be $10,000. But as a wise man once said, "you don't get what you don't ask for"

7. sansan

sansan Rookie

Sep 9, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Alec
    #7 sansan, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To the OP. Sorry but I took delivery of the car here in Michigan yesterday.

Love the color combo! This is my first Ferrari.

Was able to get the dealer down to $200K delivered to my door.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. sansan

sansan Rookie

Sep 9, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Sorry OP, but looks like I bought your car.

Ended up getting it for $200K shipped to Michigan. I love the color combo!

9. carmelostarks

carmelostarks Rookie

Jul 9, 2015
    lol

10. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congrats on your first Ferrari! Its a beauty! Now get out and drive it before it gets snowed in!