Loving my new Cali! | FerrariChat

Loving my new Cali!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Dohangs, Sep 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    #1 Dohangs, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm finally getting a chance to post a picture of my latest addition. I received it about 2 weeks ago . It's A 2010 Silverstone exterior with a Cuio interior. Other options include LED's, shields, Daytona seats with black Alcantera inserts, carbon fiber rear molding, yellow calipers, rear view camera with sensors, magnaride and a few other goodies. I was looking for a convertible GT that could fit our 4 yo in the back seat. I considered an Aston DB9 but in the end I couldn't pass up the California. I've been looking at these for a while and was going to buy one later this winter but I couldn't wait any longer. I'm so glad I didn't wait. We have been enjoying this car ever since its arrival. I find myself taking this car out every chance I get. Taking my son to school, picking him up, going to the post office, you name it I use it. My wife hasn't driven it yet but after she does, I'm afraid she will be taking it every chance she gets. It's so easy to drive, I rarely take it out of auto mode. I was able to finally get 3 of the LEDs to light up last night. You really have to drive it aggressively to get them to light up. That's another reason I love this car. You can get on it hard and It will respond to you very quickly. It's the best of both worlds. A friendly GT, town cruiser, and a sporty convertible when you want it. I will be lowering it with Novitec springs next week. I feel they look even better when they are lowered about an inch. Thanks to all for answering my questions over the past few weeks. I really appreciate it! Looking forward to many carefree miles!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Nice! Where did it come from? Love the interior choice. Did you get a warranty?

3. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Love that color combo. Drive her hard, it will not hurt it.

4. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Auto... I turn off auto as soon as temp is above 175. :)

Great looking car. Enjoy.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congratulations! That is a lovely car. I just crested 4000 km in my 4 months of ownership, and I get what you're saying. It's a blast to drive. Foot on gas = Cali go fast! 😀 I hope you have a lot of fun miles in it...T

6. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    #6 Dohangs, Sep 8, 2016
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Bravo! The black dash really sets of the gorgeous rich color of the cuoio (I assume that is cuoio?)
    T

8. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    It came from California. I was going to get a warranty but decided not to. I talked to my independent mechanic , who by the way worked at the dealership for over 10 years before going out on his own last year, and he made me feel better if any issues would arise with the DCT or the top which seem to be the two biggest issues with these cars. He was able to repair them while at the dealership.

9. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Congratulations on your new addition! IMO, it's a wise choice over the DB9, which despite being a great GT with real backseats, does not deliver the modern features, performance or inherent reliability of the Cali. I had debated a manual DBS Volante over the Cali at one point, but made the better choice because of kind advice from someone who really knows these cars.

About driving the car in AUTO, try spending time in MANUAL/SPORT mode once you familiarize yourself with the engine and handling. These cars were really designed to take advantage of the DCT's performance in MANUAL setting and it's also in SPORT mode where you'll discover most of the fun and performance features of the car. SPORT mode is also easier on brake wear, necessitated by traction control.

10. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    ...DB9, which despite being a great GT with real backseats...

Real back seats. NO.

11. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    #11 Wheelb, Sep 9, 2016
  12. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    And which car is supposed to look better?

13. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    That's a loaded question. The correct answer would be whatever the end user thinks looks better. The OTP mentioned that he feels a slight drop looks better.

14. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OK...fair enough, BETTER backseats then. ;)

15. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    IMO, the standard ride height is a bit high but the slammed look is too much. A mild drop is probably the better route.

16. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulations! Very beautiful and elegant configuration!

17. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    I like the look!

18. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Thank you!

19. Rockman1

Rockman1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    Beautiful car. I love the cuoio. Reminds me of my library, "smells of oil paintings and leather bound volumes".... Or was that Ron Burgundy?

Ok. Take it out of auto mode. Maybe when your 4 year old is safely dropped off at school. I bet you wil get more than three red lights - and never go back to auto mode.

Enjoy the ride.....

20. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Thank you . I usually leave it in auto mode when I'm driving around town. On the open road, its all manual.

21. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    I'm glad it looks so good to me, since I ordered my 488 in those same colors inside and out, including seat inserts. Congrats! Looks great!

22. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Thanks Marty. A 488 will look great in This close combo. Post some pictures when you get it. Big congrats on your 488!

23. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Did u sell the lambo

24. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    No I still have it but we needed more of a GT for the family so that's why I bought the Cali.

25. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Got ya