New Cali T order | FerrariChat

New Cali T order

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by THE RED MENACE, Sep 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    It looks like I'm going to order a new Cali T. 2 questions,
    1. I'm having a hard time deciding on what color, I'm thinking white, but I saw a picture of grigio ingrid and it looks amazing, but that seem to be a extremely rare color. Any suggestions on color I would appreciate, I have had a grigio titanio 458, love love the color but want something different.
    2. The magnetic ride, is it worth getting? I used the bumpy road mode on the 458 all the time and I am going to use the car as a GT car, so I want it to be useable relatively comfortable car, and if that means ordering the magnetic ride, i will. My dealer says it really isn't needed, but I would like some others feedback. Again, I'm not looking for a race car, but a cruiser. Thanks

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Color? White black yellow silver and yes ReSale Red (cuoio leather)

Suspension? No doubt in my mind. Magneride. I don't know how the roads are where you live. But in most of America where leadership has ignored crumbling roads and bridges for over twenty years. Magneride is a must for my driving enjoyment. I wouldn't consider a modern Ferrari which doesn't enable some softening of the suspension.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Grigio Ingrid is such a rare, gorgeous, historic color. Very GT, low key, elegant. It also seems to morph in appearance depending on the light, which I think is cool. My wife and I fell in love with avorio for all those same reasons. GI would look great with a cuoio interior IMO.

Black is also very nice on the Cali. Recently saw a black Cali with carbon fiber shields at the local dealer. Very nice!

I echo the comments of a previous poster on magneride. Worth it.

I notice you're in Scottsdale. My Cali has heat insulating windshield. That might be an option to consider. Ditto on ventilated seats if that is an option on the Cali. Have them on my Porsche, wish I had them on my Cali.

Best of luck in picking your spec. Very exciting. Look forward to seeing how it turns out...T

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I love black with red, but keeping it clean is more work than I want as this car will be at our second home. I didn't see the vented seats as an option for the 17 model year, but yes I agree with the heat insulated windshield for sure. I just don't know if I have enough guts to get the GI. Right now I have white with black in mind

5. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I just bought an Azzurro California California. I say order an unusual color like Grigrio Ingrid or anything but the usual. I looked at a Lamborghini one time that was blue with red interior, Stunning!! If I was to order one today it would be a blue, green or gold one. Common colors are just that, common.
    Just my 02 cents

6. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    I have white with black and love it. You can add a contrast stitching for added elegance. Mine has white stitching but it can look good in yellow, red or other colors depending on your taste.

7. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    That is what I was thinking, standard seats, with white stitching and white horses in the head rests. Does the white stitching get or show dirt?

8. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #8 DK308, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Have you had a look on the launch coours of the Cali T?

Anyway, Grigio Ingrid or Avorio over full Iroko with Testa Di Moro carpets and stitching would make for an incredibly elegant GT.

My personal advice is to stay away from Rosso Corsa or Rosso Scuderia on the Cali T. The non metallic reds will not only hide the lines and flatten the surface, to me it also makes the Cali/Cali T look extremely bloated due to it's somewhat curvaceous lines.

9. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    The white stitching can in my experience show dirt. It will also reflect in the windshield.

10. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    I saw a 488 coupe in white yesterday. Not sure the name of this color but it is almost a pearl/bone white vs. a stark (bright) white. Very nice and looked good with the yellow shields and black interior with yellow stitching.

My Cali T is Grigio Alloy (this is the silver/light blue color). In the day time, it looks a bit more silver. At night, it warms to blue. You almost never see it but people go wild for it. I have received more "what color is that? love that color!" than I have "hey, nice Ferrari".

As other posters have noted here, avoid the reds in the Cali T. It makes the car somehow look "fatter" than it should. Just another opinion.

Also, magneride and the new handling speciales are "musts" on your order form. Same for the sport wheels and alt color stitching of the seats (a really nice touch) IMHO

11. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I've seen the white Cali t pretty amazing...I had the Resale red...Daytona beige interior seem to pick up my jeans...the white I would suggest the chrome grill...

12. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I think all the colors are awesome. Most import is that the interior goes with exterior. Too many colors look bad. White is nice. Might look at chocolate interior. I personally like white with black gril and black prancing house.

13. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You can option that out so the top dash has black stitching. Done it a couple of times with silver stitch.

Cannot recall but I'm sure they charge you to change the thread......

14. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    my most recent thought is White with Black Daytona's with Charcoal Alcantera inserts, with charcoal door panels and lower dash, stitching in Grigio Chiaro. I wanted to break up the all black interior and I think the charcoal leather will do this. I had a titanium 550 with the opposite combo, charcoal with black daytona inserts, and dash the same. It looked really good. Because I'm a long way from the dealer, he is going to spec it out and send me his thoughts. My hang up it the stitching, should I go all white or go with a grey? Such a minor detail, I don't think I can go wrong, and there is not a lot of stitching on the windshield so I don't think the light stitching will be a problem. I had the same Chiaro stitching on my 458 and didn't have any trouble

15. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    If you want maximum attention then resale red (rosso corsa) is your choice. Otherwise get whatever YOU want, the heck with the rest of us.

Magneride is mandatory:)

16. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    My Cali has 4000 miles on it and the stitching is still a beautiful bright white.

17. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    When the windshield was mentioned - I think he meant any white stitching on the top of the dash will be reflected back thru the windshield.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

This happens with the white stitching on my cioccolata dash. At first, the reflection was a bit disconcerting, but polarized sunglasses & driving it a lot helps me filter it out visually and mentally...T

19. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Back to the drawing board the charcoal didn't look as good as I thought it might. I would love a black car but I can only imagine it's a nightmare to keep clean and looking good. I'm thinking white with couio and black stitching now. I live and hate this process

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Avorio over cioccolata in my completely biased opinion. Hides dirt well. More time driving + less time cleaning = Ferrari fun! ;)

T

21. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Well I made my decision on the car, and I went the easy way out. White with Cuoio leather. Diamond seats with black stitching with horse in head rest, diamond finish rims, full electric seats, AFS, Backup camera, and magnetic ride and aluminum foot rests, and gloss black calipers. We are also asking how much or if they will put LED's in the standard steering wheel.
    December build and hopefully here in February

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Sounds exquisite. Can't wait to see the pics...T

23. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I can't wait to post them, have to wait until February or March

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can you post some pics of your car and interior - this color combo sounds stunning

25. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    I think you made the correct choice with the white. Easy to clean and a lot of things you can do in regards to wheel color choices down the road if you were to go that route.