Wheel spacers for a calofornia | FerrariChat

Wheel spacers for a calofornia

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Dohangs, Sep 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    To those who have lowered their cars and used wheel spacers. I have a 2010 and bought Novotec springs. I am wondering what size spacers you used ? I am keeping the stock diamond polished 20 in wheels. Thanks,

2. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Use HE 11 mm in the front and 15 mm in the rear. You could probably get away with 20 mm in the rear, but then you really start to throw a lot of road debris up the side of your car from the rear wheels. Note that you should only use the HE spacers as they have steel inserts in the bolt holes. Spacers like the H&R spacers do not and they will sometimes deform.

3. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I ended up buying 17 mm for the front and back and I got the H&R ones, looks like I got the wrong ones. I should have waited a little more to get some feedback before I purchased them.

4. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Totally agree with DK308...11 and 15 looks great and with minimal side splash in regular driving. Have done exactly this on a Cali, a 458 Spider and a Cali T (which was lowered 15mm on stock springs)...no handling issues at all.

5. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    17 mm won't work up front. Just return the H&R spacers and get a set of HE spacers in the correct size.

6. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I was worried about that. Seemed to much for the front. I'm going to cancel the entire order and just order the ones you recommended. Thank you!

7. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I ordered the HE spacers . They are getting installed as we speak. The car is also getting the Novitec Springs installed at the same time.

8. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    What do the spacers do? Move the tires out? Just change looks?

9. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Spacers are installed between the rim mounting flange and the brake disc bell flange. They move the wheels out and increase the track width.

10. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    We have done quite a few with 10mm and 15mm Novitec Spacers F+R and looks perfect wiht the Novitec Springs.

If you want to get really aggressive and a nice bulldog stance - go with the 15mm and 20mm Spacer Setup!

Give me a call if you have any questions at all! :)

Nick.C likes this.
  11. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Alex, I did purchase the Novitec springs from You guys . I ended up going with the 11 mm and 15 mm spacer set up . I didn't want to get to aggressive . I'll post some pictures when it's done.

12. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    Awesome! Keep me posted!

13. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    We are having trouble getting the old springs off of the shock. The mounting ring seems to be locked , seized up on the threads. Any ideas?

14. pr0b

pr0b Rookie

Oct 18, 2015
    i have 15mm at front and 20mm at the rear. looks great, feels a lot better than stock in the bends.

at the back theres still enough room for 22-25mm spacers. at the front 15 is the most i would do.

mine is a little lowered

15. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    @pr0b Can you [post some photos? Does it kick more rocks up on the body?

16. pr0b

pr0b Rookie

Oct 18, 2015
    ill take some pictures when i get her back. atm in the workshop because of roof failure.

i actually dont drive over rocks, so i dont know ;) but when it rains and she drys off after driving, i see that there is a lot of dirt on the doors + the rear bumper on the side. so i guess the answer to your question is yes.

offtopic: got her in september 2015. since then she was in the workshop for more than 5 weeks. CEL (issue with the ecu, got a new one), gearbox issues, some valve in the exhaust manifold (for fresh air) was broken, loud clonking noises from the exhaust, huge exhaust drone, a lot of noise from the roof when its closed, now roof failure.... im rather unhappy with her. if she does the same thing next year i gotta sell her and probably get and AMG GT-C Roadster.

17. JosephFIN

JosephFIN Rookie

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Joseph al Sharif
    What is HE spacers, tried to find them with no results :/ I am looking for spacers for my California, what is the cost for the spacers 15mm front and 20mm rear?

18. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    https://www.hillengineering.co.uk/wheel-spacers

19. Carlos@TAG

Carlos@TAG Karting

Apr 12, 2017
    We can get you set up with Novitec Spacers for your California.

You can go with a 10/15mm setup or a 15/20mm setup for a more aggressive setup!

Nick.C likes this.