2011 California - advise please | FerrariChat

2011 California - advise please

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by F1CALI, Sep 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1CALI

F1CALI Karting

Sep 22, 2016
    Sydney
    Dealer gave me the car for two days prior to purchasing.
    We agreed on a Price
    Warranty 24months
    Previous owner agreed to do engine mounts
    Repair Rim
    Few other little items

I test drove car again for 3hours

Cali has 7900KLM

Last saturday i picked up the car and suprised my wife and kids

On way home, in Auto

Message came up Operation non administrable

Car starting losing power randomly
    Changing from 1st 6th and ramdom gears when keeping accelerator pedal constant

I freaked out and called them, they told me to drive in manual - all was fine
    They asked me to come back, but buy this stage i was near home and overwhelmed
    So they advised me they would pick up the car first thing Monday which they did.

As it happens, when Ferrari drove the car the problem has to not come back up.
    Ferrari Still have the car and are telling me they have got a registed error in the ecu, but its been closed so can not read the issue it had, so thry are running more tests and trying to replicate the issue i had.
    Admittedly, they asked me to stop the car at the time and close the car wait 1 minute and then restart the car, at time as mentioned i was overwhelmed and in traffic and drove the car in manual home, it rained that afternoon and next day, so i did not get a chance to test it my self.

Has anyone had this happen to them and can explain the issue.

Ferrari of sydney have been great and calling me evey morning and afternoon explaining what they are doing, but i just like advise on this.