Flirting with a 458 so my 2013 Cali 30 is up for sale | FerrariChat

Flirting with a 458 so my 2013 Cali 30 is up for sale

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by vjd3, Sep 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #1 vjd3, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm currently infatuated with a black 458 that a friend owns and is offering to sell me, so thinking about selling my Cali 30. It's also in the classifieds, but thought I'd list it here, as well. And yes, those random "roof failure" messages did get sorted out with a replaced sensor : )

2013 California 30
    $237,825 sticker
    Grigio titanio (dark silver)
    Cuoio interior, black dash and carpets
    Black piping
    Black stitching
    Central tunnel in leather
    Armrest in leather
    Horse stitched on headrest
    Shields
    Yellow calipers
    Magneride
    Front and rear parking sensors
    Homelink mirror
    20" Sport forged diamond rims
    Daytona seats
    Yellow calipers
    Electric (heated) seats
    Cover, charger, window sticker, etc.

The car has the extended factory bumper to bumper warranty through June of 2018, and free scheduled maintenance through 2020. Fresh Michelin MPSS tires 400 miles ago. New battery in April. Fully wrapped in XPel. One small flaw in the film on the front hood. Minor scrapes underneath the front airdam from previous owner. Maintenance up to date, next service due in June. Clean CarFax.

I'm the third owner, bought it in July of 2015 from Ferrari of New England with 5k miles. I've driven it regularly, now has 12,800 miles on it. Aside from a go-round with an intermittently faulty top sensor which caused annoying "roof failures" warnings when the top was fully up or fully down (fixed under warranty and trouble free for the past several months), the car has been trouble free.

Price is $160k, including Ferrari factory bumper-to-bumper warranty through 6-18 and free maintenance; you should not have to spend a dime on her. Happy to take to Ferrari of New England for an inspection.

I love this car so won't be disappointed if I wind up keeping her, but the 458 is bewitching me at the moment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Car looks great! GLWS!

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Good luck with switching over to your dream 458! I guess golfing with your Fcar isn't as much a priority. I'm much more into my Cali30 than the other V8 Fcars, simply not keen on the way they look or their lack of versatility.

BTW, I just installed a pair of Capristo mufflers on my Cali30.

HOLY S***, what a huge difference from just mufflers!!! The increase in throttle response at take-off is amazing as the car now literally jerks off the line from idle engine with the valve set to either normal or open and the noise is almost race car levels.

On the way to the Capristo installer I had a bit of fun with a white Aventador SV convertible (must have been an SV as it had the big rear wing, lots of external CF). At one point the lambo driver obliged with an ear-shattering blast-by as I kept my speed legal. 7 hours later, on my way home, I did the exact same thing to a hapless BMW 428i coupe. I could not believe the noise from my car. I did not opt for the X-pipe or the race cats as I was told they might make the car "too loud". I think they were right. The car is otherwise still civil enough when I tame the revs and let the Cali's ECU control the valves. The Capristos are also literally half the weight of the original ones.

I waited 3 years to make sure my car is a keeper before passing on the extended warranties. I have a couple of other aftermarket upgrades planned over the next 9 months... can't wait. ;)

4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Ha ... never did take up golf. My vice is guitars, and they won't really fit in the Cali or the 458, which is why I also drive a Porsche Macan S.

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Vic, all the more reason you should have driven onto the Tutto Lite field. You could have hung a For Sale sign on her.

We have to hook up sometime. A guy in our little car group is a huge, and I mean huge, guitar guy. We are a little out of your neighborhood (Boston metro west), but worth the ride up.